Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental San Antonio Airport!
Looking For Car Rental San Antonio Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at San Antonio Airport.
The 6th largest city in the US, San Antonio is also the 2nd largest and most populous city in the state of Texas.
Boasting many popular theme parks and sporting arenas, the city is visited by around 26 million foreign tourists per year, making it one of America’s best-loved holiday destinations.
San Antonio boasts a very strong economy, due to its affiliation to many large Fortune 500 companies and offers an extremely modern local infrastructure, with its excellent public transport system chief among this.
‘The Alamo’ is undoubtedly San Antonio’s most popular tourist attraction, and this historically significant area is one of the most visited tourist attractions in the US.
With generally mild winters, as well as its glorious summers, San Antonio tends to remain fairly busy throughout the year.
Arriving San Antonio Airport
San Antonio Airport primarily serves the Texas city of San Antonio. Located only 8km north of downtown San Antonio, taxi cabs from the airport to the city centre can be expected to cost you around $10-$14.
A wide range of public facilities, live entertainment and an extensive array of dining and shopping outlets have ensured that the airport is one of North America’s most-popular with visitors, and you will also find the airport to offer free wi-fi access to its customers.
While standard airport procedures such as check in and baggage collection tend to move very quickly and efficiently, it is worth pointing out that rental car waits can be a little lengthier, resulting in a slightly prolonged wait in the airport before heading out on your vacation.
Driving In San Antonio
Driving in San Antonio is a fairly comfortable experience. Traffic levels increase the closer you get to the city centre, and can grow painstakingly slow during peak traffic times, but providing you avoid the city at these times, your stay should be relatively short of congestion.
The local drivers are extremely courteous and friendly towards foreign drivers and obvious first-time drivers to the city and you will often see the odd ‘Drive Friendly’ sign dotted around the city to ensure that all drivers are reminded of this.
The public transport system is very good, and because many of San Antonio’s attractions are in quite close proximity of each other, you may decide to use the bus or taxi to visit these areas, while parking your rental car in one of the city’s reasonable priced and securely guarded car parks.
San Antonio Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In San Antonio
- Seaworld San Antonio – A huge sealife exhibition centre, with thrilling rides and incredible shows – a must-visit family attraction.
- San Antonio Zoo – A huge and wildly popular zoo with thousands of exhibitions to keep the whole family entertained.
- The Alamo – The most popular attraction in Texas, The Alamo is a real slice of US history and tradition.
Restaurants In San Antonio
- Pollos Asados Los Nortenos – 4642 Rigsby Ave., San Antonio, TX
- Bliss – 926 S Presa St, San Antonio, TX 78210 (S. Alamo)
- 18 Oaks – 23808 Resort Parkway, JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa, San Antonio, TX 78261