Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Salt Lake City Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Salt Lake City Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Salt Lake City Airport.
Located in the US state of Utah, Salt Lake City is the capital and most populous city in the region. The city boasts an extremely strong local economy and is widely considered to be the industrial banking centre of the United States.
With a fantastic local infrastructure, Salt Lake City offers some of the best public facilities in the country and extraordinarily low unemployment rates when compared to other US cities of a similar stature.
The city is well-renowned for its outdoor recreation pursuits and even hosted the 2002 Winter Olympic Games. This has resulted in increased tourist interest in the city and millions of foreign visitors now visit the city throughout the year.
Surrounded by many jaw dropping mountain ranges, the city offers many stunning photo opportunities and is one of the most instantly recognizable areas in North America.
Arriving Salt Lake City Airport
The primary airport serving Salt Lake City in the US state of Utah, Salt Lake City Airport is located only 6.5km from downtown Salt Lake City, and taxi cabs from the airport to the city centre can be found for as little as $8-$12.
With no outstanding debt, and as the only US airport to hold this honour, the airport is remarkably modern in appearance, with well-kept public facilities and exceedingly quick and free wi-fi access for all visitors.
The shopping and dining outlets are also extremely modern in appearance and offer quality service at an affordable price.
Processes such as check in, customs, baggage collection and rental car options all move very quickly, and thanks to the airport staff who are among the best-trained in America, you shouldn’t have too long a wait before you are leaving the airport in your rental car.
Driving In Salt Lake City
Traffic levels in Salt Lake City tend to be quite low, and you will only generally find congestion in the heart of the city centre at peak traffic times.
The city boasts many well-organized and easily navigable major road networks, with ample road signage and incredibly helpful and courteous local drivers.
Car parking is also very reasonably priced, with generally good availability, and because the public transport system is so reliable, you may be advised to park you car in the city centre and use the bus or taxi to travel to the many local attractions that Salt Lake City has to offer.
Salt Lake City Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Salt Lake City
- Great Salt Lake – An awesome stretch of water, historically significant to the city and hugely popular with watersports enthusiasts.
- National History Museum Of Utah – This museum is the most popular in Utah, and is visited by thousands of people on a daily basis.
- Red Butte Garden – Popular with nature enthusiasts, this natural garden offers rare and exotic flowers and stunning photo opportunities.
Restaurants In Salt Lake City
- Valter’s Osteria – 173 West Broadway, Salt Lake City, UT
- Red Iguana – 736 W North Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
- Bombay House – 2731 Parleys Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84109-1619