Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Sanford Airport car rental!
Looking For Car Rental Sanford Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Sanford Airport.
Sanford is a popular tourist port city in the US state of Florida, with an extremely close proximity to the larger tourist city of Orlando, ensuring that Orlando’s numerous local attractions are no more than a short drive away.
With its typical Floridian climate, the city receives millions of visitors throughout the year, although the general pace of the city can be quite relaxed, as many of these visitors tend to travel into Orlando during the day.
Because of this strong tourist connection, the city enjoys a booming economy and is filled with both modern and more traditional restaurants, bars, shopping precincts and tourist attractions, offering a more relaxed and quieter vacation than that offered by the busier Florida cities such as Orlando and Miami.
Arriving Sanford Airport
Sanford International Airport is located in the district of Sanford, based in the US state of Florida. As one of the 2 primary airports serving the larger city of Orlando, the airport is routinely ranked as one of the top 30 busiest in the world.
Only a short drive from the centre of Sanford, taxi cabs from the Airport to the heart of downtown Sanford can be found for as little as $6-$9.
Sanford airport offers a large selection of facilities, such as shopping outlets, restaurants and even live entertainment 2 or 3 times a week. It also offers free wi-fi access to all of its visitors.
The airport generally deals with standard airport processes such as check-in, customs and baggage collection far quicker than many other Florida-serving airports and car rental queues are easily among the fastest-moving in the state.
Driving In Sanford
As you would expect from a busy Florida port city, Sanford experiences high volumes of tourist traffic and roads are likely to remain busy throughout the day.
That said, the general pace of driving is quite relaxed and the local drivers are well-known for their patience towards tourists and over-careful drivers.
While Sanford offers a reliable public transport system, in reality you will need a rental car to explore all that the city has to offer, particularly if you are also wishing to visit cities such as Orlando or Miami during your visit.
Be sure to have an updated GPS system to easily navigate your route, and you should find driving in Sanford a generally enjoyable experience.
Sanford Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Sanford
- Flea World – A huge and extremely popular flea market, with plenty of bargains to be found for the eagle-eyed shopper.
- Fun 2 Dive Scuba – Guided scuba diving lessons from some of Florida’s most well-respected instructors.
- Zoom Air – A huge amusement park which is massively popular with families and those with younger children.
Restaurants In Sanford
- Hollerbach Willow Tree Cafe – 205 E First St, Sanford, FL 32771
- The Corner Cafe – 101 W 1st St # A, Ste A, Sanford, FL 32771 (S. Park Ave)
- Caffe Di Riverwalk – 225 W Seminole Blvd, Ste 160, Sanford, FL 32771