Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Salt Lake City Airport car rental!
Looking For Car Rental Salt Lake City Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Salt Lake City Airport.
Salt Lake City is the capital and most populous city in the US state of Utah. The city is the industrial banking centre of the US, and therefore boasts an extremely strong economy, low unemployment rates and extremely clean and modern public facilities.
In terms of tourist attractions, Salt Lake City has become primarily known for its outdoor recreation facilities primarily based on skiing, and even hosted the 2002 Winter Olympics, ensuring that more tourists than ever before continue to visit the city on a yearly basis.
While Salt Lake City is predominantly flat, the city is surrounded by many stunning mountain ranges, resulting in incredibly picturesque views from many vantage points within the city centre.
Arriving Salt Lake City Airport
Salt Lake City Airport is the primary airport serving Slat Lake City in the US state of Utah. Located only 6.5km from the city centre, taxi cabs from the airport to downtown Salt Lake City can be found for as little as $8-$12.
As the only airport in the US with no outstanding debt, you will find that the airport offers numerous facilities such as shopping and dining outlets and extremely fast wi-fi access.
Airport processes such as check in, customs and baggage collection are dealt with very quickly, and the airport staff are undoubtedly some of the friendliest and well-trained in the US.
Rental car options are also well-organized and you shouldn’t generally worry about spending longer in the airport than you would wish.
Driving In Salt Lake City
Providing that you avoid the city centre during peak traffic hours, driving in Salt Lake City is a fairly quiet and pleasurable experience.
With one of the strongest economies in the US, much of the city’s money has been put back into the infrastructure of Salt Lake City, ensuring that roads are well-maintained and cleverly designed, and street signage is both abundant and clear.
You will find that most of the local drivers are extremely helpful and friendly towards visitors to the city, and you should also note that car parking charges are generally lower than most other US cities.
With an efficient public transport system, it is possible to take the taxi or bus to visit the local attractions, without worrying about the car park costing you more than it reasonably should.
Salt Lake City Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Salt Lake City
- Great Salt Lake – An historically significant body of water, popular with hikers, bikers and nature enthusiasts.
- National History Museum Of Utah – Learn more about the history of Utah, with fascinating facts and plenty of fun information about the state.
- Red Butte Garden – A stunning natural garden, with rare and exotic flowers and fantastic walking trails for outdoor enthusiasts.
Restaurants In Salt Lake City
- Valter’s Osteria – 173 West Broadway, Salt Lake City, UT
- Red Iguana – 736 W North Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
- Bombay House – 2731 Parleys Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84109-1619