Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for rental car Atlanta Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Atlanta Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Atlanta Airport.
The capital and most populous city in the US state of Georgia, Atlanta is a centre of American technology and financial businesses. Therefore, the city maintains a strong economy and offers some of the lowest unemployment rates in the US.
This adds to the increasingly tourist-driven nature of the city and ensures that the Atlanta locals remain extremely warm and friendly towards visitors to the city.
Surrounded by beautiful mountainous regions with a stunning cityscape sunset, Atlanta remains popular with outdoor enthusiasts and offers a wide range of activities and attractions targeted at this market.
Arriving Atlanta Airport
Generally regarded as the busiest airport in the world, Atlanta Airport is based only 7km from the heart of downtown Atlanta, and taxi cabs can be expected to cost you around $10-$14 to undertake the journey.
As the airport experiences so much traffic on a daily basis, it is perhaps inevitable that airport processes, such as check-in, customs, baggage collection and collecting your rental car can take a little longer than you would wish.
However, airport staff are helpful, efficient and will try to keep your stay in the airport as short as possible.
The airport naturally offers a wide array of dining and shopping facilities, although these tend to be quite expensive and can sometimes feel a little too busy, due to the high volume of pedestrian traffic passing through the terminals.
Driving In Atlanta
As long as you stay clear of the city centre during peak traffic hours, many visitors have remarked on just how quiet Atlanta can be to drive in.
As the public transport system in the city is not without its reliability issues, the fact that driving is a pretty much enjoyable experience is definitely a bonus, as Atlanta’s attractions are quite spread out throughout the city, and taxi cabs would be enormously expensive to have to use throughout your stay.
Please note that car parking in certain parts of the city centre can be expensively priced, although most of the larger car parks offer good availability and are securely guarded, for extra peace of mind with your rental car.
Atlanta Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Atlanta
- World Of Coca Cola – Find out more about possible the most famous brand name on the planet with this guided tour.
- Fox Theatre – Atlanta’s oldest theatre, with a great selection of shows, plays and live entertainment.
- Atlanta Zoo – The largest zoo in Atlanta, with more than enough attractions to keep the family entertained all day.
Restaurants In Atlanta
- Capital Grille – 255 E. Paces Ferry Road – The Capital Building, Atlanta, GA 30305 (Boiling Way)
- Canoe – 4199 Paces Ferry Rd NW, Atlanta, GA 30339 (Chattahoochee River / Woodland Brook)
- Fandangles – 165 Courtland St NE, Atlanta, GA 30303 (Andrew Young International Boulevard)