Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Newark Airport car rental!
Looking For Car Rental Newark Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Newark Airport.
The largest city in the US state of New Jersey, Newark is also one of the states quieter cities compared to its more illustrious rivals in this area.
Nevertheless, the city is considered to be educational and financial centre of New Jersey, and its many sporting arenas are among the most modern and highly attended in the state
Despite its lack of a tourist driven reputation, thousands of visitors do flock to the city, particularly during the summer when New Jersey is at its warmest.
The city offers many local attractions to its visitors, although these are mainly centred around the architectural and cultural sites that the city contains. Therefore, you will encounter many universities, museums and banking institutions during your stay in Newark.
Arriving Newark Airport
Located in the US state of New Jersey, Newark Airport directly services the cities of Newark and Elizabeth. The airport is based approximately 15km from downtown Newark, and taxi cabs from the airport to the city centre are likely to cost you around $22-$27 for the journey.
One of New Jersey’s less tourist driven airports, the terminals do tend to be a little quieter than other airports in the area.
For this reason, standard airport processes such as check in, security and baggage collection tend to move quite quickly and there is also a very convenient shuttle system to take you directly to the car rental area.
The airport’s staff undertake processes with great efficiency, and while not always the most obviously friendly, this is probably vindicated by the short waits you will experience while travelling through the airport.
Without offering too many facilities in the way of dining and shopping outlets, there is a small selection available, and pricing tends to be about the same as that of the local New Jersey area.
Driving In Newark
Compared to New Jersey’s more tourist-driven cities, such as Manhattan and New York, Driving in Newark is relatively quiet, with a friendly population of local drivers.
Roads are fairly open and well-maintained, and the city has also gone to great lengths to ensure that road signage is plentiful, clear and helpful towards visitors to the city.
Providing that you stay away from the city centre during peak-traffic times, you should find yourself avoiding the majority of the congestion experienced at these times. Newark’s public transport system is extremely reliable and due to the close proximity of its local attractions, you may be well advised to use the bus or taxi to navigate to these sites.
Car parking in the city centre is very reasonably priced, tends to be securely guarded and offers good availability throughout the day.
Newark Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Newark
- Newark Museum – Filled with historical exhibitions, facts and general information, this is one of New Jersey’s most popular museums.
- Prudential Centre – One of New Jerseys’ most modern ice hockey arenas – catch a game there during your visit to the city.
- Ironbound – A district of enormous historical importance to new Jersey, filled with traditional bars, restaurants and shopping outlets.
Restaurants In Newark
- Hobby’s Delicatessen – 32 Branford Pl, Newark, NJ 07102-2723
- Krug’s Tavern – 118 Wilson Ave, Newark, NJ 07105-3325
- Spanish Tavern – 103 Mcwhorter St, Newark, NJ 07105-1359