Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Kona Airport car rental!
Looking For Car Rental Kona Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Kona Airport.
Kona is a popular tourist district based on the US island of Hawaii. With its golden sandy beaches and clear blue ocean waters, Kona is widely known for its abundant selection of watersports, snorkelling and whale watching opportunities.
The city has a growing economy due to the increasing tourism trade, and offers visitors hot, sunny summers and milder than the national average winters.
While predominantly a beach centred city, downtown Kona does offer several large shopping outlets and restaurants, and boasts a busy, yet relaxed nightlife for older visitors.
Arriving Kona Airport
Kona Airport serves the district of Kona, located on the popular US island of Hawaii.
It is one of the smaller airports servicing Hawaii, and is located approximately 4km from downtown Kona.
Taxi cabs can be expected to charge around $7-$11 for the journey from the airport to Kona city center.
Because it is a fairly small airport and located very closely to the city center, restaurants and shopping outlets are kept to a minimum, but this is more than compensated for by the speedy check-in, security, baggage collection procedures and car rental services that the airport offers.
Driving In Kona
While an increasingly popular tourist city, driving in Kona is a fairly enjoyable experience due to its wide roads and plentiful road signage.
While major road networks are not as well maintained as in other US cities, this is compensated for by the fact that traffic volumes in Kona tend to be far lower than in other Hawaiian and US cities.
Just be sure to avoid driving on the 4th July, when all-day street parties and firework displays can bring the traffic almost to a stop.
Kona Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Kona
- Manini’owali Beach – A stunning stretch of golden beaches, clear blue water and beach bars – about as close as you get to heaven on Earth.
- Hawaii Forest And Trail – A popular forest trail, filled with interesting wildlife, plant life and children’s games – great fun for all the family.
- Sea Quest Snorkel Tours – With its clear blue waters, Kona is the perfect location for snorkelling and offers exotic sea life and guided tours of the area.
Restaurants In Kona – Popular With Visitors
- TJ’s BBQ By The Beach – 75-6129 Alii Drive, Alii Garden Marketplace, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI 96740
- Ulu Ocean Grill And Sushi Lounge – 72-100 Kaupulehu Dr. 0, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii
- Scandinavian Shave Ice – 75-5699 Alii Drive, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI 96740