Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Jacksonville Airport Car Rental!
Looking For Car Rental Jacksonville Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Jacksonville Airport.
Jacksonville is the largest populated city in Florida. It is centred on the banks of St.Johns River and is around 340 miles North of Miami.
Jacksonville boasts quite a wide cultural diversity and is a popular destination for golfing fanatics. Like many popular US cities, Jacksonville contains some fo the finest golf courses in the world, frequently visited by several of the world’s top golfers.
Unsurprisingly, Jacksonville had a humid subtropical climate, and can become incredibly hot in the summer, with even late autumn and early spring bringing higher than average temperatures.
Arriving Jacksonville Airport
Jacksonville International Airport boast a wide variety of services for your enjoyment, either before flying, or upon landing.
There are currently around 12-15 restaurants and bars to choose from, ranging from snacking to full service dining. The airport also houses around a dozen retail stores, with items ranging from newspapers and toiletries to fine quality, hand-made gifts. There is also live entertainment held in the terminals throughout the day.
Other services in the terminal area include an information center, seated massage, and shoeshine facilities.
Taxi cabs to take you straight into the heart of Jacksonville city center can be expected to charge around $25-$30.
Driving In Jacksonville
Jacksonville’s road layouts and road signage is not the most efficient within the US. Coupled with the sheer amount of traffic on the city roads, this can lead to an infuriating driving experience.
The North West quadrant of Jacksonville has quite a high gun crime rate. There’s nothing really to visit in this area anyway, so steer clear of this part of the city and stay in the more tourist related areas.
Jacksonville Driving Tips
- Seatbelts must be worn by all passengers at all times while travelling. Also, children below the age of 8 are forbidden to travel in the front 2 car seats.
- Jacksonville is known for its lack of adequate road signage. Be sure to have a map or GPS system to help you navigate the city.
- Traffic congestion in the city can often be infuriating for first time visitors. The road system layout is no the best, and again, we can only advise you to have a reliable navigation system to overcome this.
Things To Do In Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Zoo And Gardens – This 73 acre park is currently the ONLY zoo in the North East of Florida.
- Atlantic Beach – Simply an area of flat, uncrowded and sandy beaches. Perfect for surfers, couple and family visits.
- St. Johns Town Center – The heart of shopping in Jacksonville. With restaurants, Street entertainment and shopping outlets galore, there’s something at St. Johns for all the family.