Jackson Hole Airport Car Rental: book an economy car rental and have a great trip to the State of Wyoming! See the special car rental deals we take one of the special discounts!
Jackson Hole Airport Car Rental – The Best Way to Explore the Area!
Car reservation is very easy on AirportCarRental365.com website! Visitors can read the car rental reviews published and then select an affordable car hire to be picked at Jackson Hole Airport! Have a great stay in Wyoming!
Jackson city in the State of Wyoming is the only incorporated town in the valley of Jackson Hole, situated between the Snake River and the Teton Mountain Range. Placed in the northwestern part of the state along the border of Wyoming and Idaho, the valley is surrounded by mountains, streams and rivers. It is known as a great habitat for various fur-bearing animals such as beavers.
The city of Jackson is situated in the southern end of the Grand Teton National Park and serves as a gateway to two of the most popular national parks in the United States – Yellowstone and Grand Teton. During the winter, Jackson is a popular ski town, while in the summer it is a center of various outdoor activities. The region is very famous for keeping vacation homes, since the area combines Old West heritage and frontier small town atmosphere, lovely mountain scenery and unique high-altitude environment.
Arriving at Jackson Hole Airport
The air hub that serves the town and the area is called Jackson Hole Airport. This airport is positioned within the Grand Teton National Park boundaries and is handling flights operated by Delta and American, United and Frontier. Some of the airline services to the airport are seasonal.
Being the busiest airport in the state of Wyoming, Jackson Hole Airport follows the regulations for noise abatement and its airport terminal has low profile. Yet, flying to this airport in the winter months is often difficult. Among the available onsite facilities are to be found a convenient airport car parking, plus airport rental provided by the onsite offices of the car rental companies. Car booking in advance is possible through the website airportcarrental365 .
Driving in Jackson
The town of Jackson is not that large in size and can be easily explored by one of the rental vehicles or by walking. Bus service is also provided. Yet, the travelers that wish to make most of their trip and see as much of the area as possible should look at the car rental deals that are available. In this way they will be able to see more from the Grand Teton Park, the nearby Salt Lake City, etc.
Before driving in Jackson Hole area, the travelers should know that:
- The abundant snow in Jackson Hole often makes for stormy driving conditions.
- In Teton Village are to be found many paid parking lots. In addition, there are also a free park system and free parking for car pool vehicles.
- Free parking is provided in the town of Jackson, yet parking overnight on the roadways is not allowed due to the activities of the plowing vehicles.
- The Jackson Hole valley is flat, so car booking of 4WD vehicle is not necessary unless planning a trip to Grand Targhee Resort. The local car rental companies are willing to give advice on the type of auto hire depending on the itinerary of the trip.
Things to Do & See in Jackson
Holiday makers come to Jackson to practice various sports. Among the most interesting activities that can be enjoyed in the area are:
- Skiing – a very popular activity during the winter in Jackson. In the area are to be found several excellent resorts, among which being Snow King Resort, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Grand Targhee Resort.
- Hiking – there is an impressive network of trails that runs through the mountains. It starts outside of Jackson and is accessible from the Cache Creek. Other great hiking opportunities are to be found in the nearby national parks.
- Horse riding – rides are possible and they reveal spectacular views towards Lewis and Clark’s trail. This makes a delightful family activity.
- Barker-Ewing River Trips – this is whitewater rafting on the Snake River. In addition, Mad River Boat Trips – offer leisurely trips and rafting trips.