Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Indianapolis Airport car rental!
Looking For Car Rental Indianapolis Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Indianapolis Airport.
Located at the center of the US state of Indiana, Indianapolis is the largest city in the state and home to approximately 830,000 people.
It is the 12th largest city in America, and is popular with foreign visitors due to its dry and sunny climate throughout the majority of the year.
Well renowned for hosting the Indy 500 motor racing course, the city has rightly been nicknamed the “Racing Capital of the World”, ensuring that it retains its huge tourist appeal during the racing season, bringing with it a wealth of multicultural diversity and a vibrant festival atmosphere during these periods.
Arriving Indianapolis Airport
Indianapolis Airport is located approximately 19km from downtown Indianapolis, and Taxi cabs from the airport to the heart of the city centre will generally cost you around $25-$30.
The airport only offers a handful of restaurants, bars and shopping outlets, and this is partly due to the airport being designed post 9-11, resulting in a greater security presence as opposed to visitor enjoyment.
Due to these stringent security measures, airport processes can be quite lengthy, with security checks and customs control in particular tending to take longer than expected.
However, car rental options move swiftly and all airport staff are incredibly well-trained and thorough in their dealings.
Driving In Indianapolis
With several major interstates meeting at its centre, Indianapolis is aptly named ‘the crossroads of America’.
With its well-organized major road networks, a wealth of bike lanes and ‘carpool’ lanes, navigation through the city is generally fairly simple and the road layouts are designed to ease congestion and reward those who seek to reduce emissions on its city roads.
Due to this, city centre traffic tends to remain mostly free from congestion, apart from at peak-traffic hours, and Indianapolis is a suitable destination for first time drivers to the US to gain confidence in their driving skills.
Indianapolis Driving Tips
- Take notice of bike lanes. Indianapolis is one of the largest bike lane using cities in the US and visitors need to pay attention to the multitude of bikers who take advantage of this
- All children below the age of 8 require a child seat or booster seat. Also, children below the age of 12 are forbidden to sit in the front 2 seats of the car.
- Similar to bike lanes, Indianapolis is also increasing the amount of express ‘carpool’ lanes on its roads. Be sure to take advantage of this if you are holidaying as a couple or as a family.
Things To Do In Indianapolis
- Children’s Museum Of Indianapolis – Visit the largest children’s museum in the world for endless family entertainment.
- The Lucas Oil Stadium – Hugely popular with sports fans, take a guided tour around one of America’s oldest stadiums.
- Indianapolis Zoo – With over 6,600 animals, plus daily shows and feeding sessions, Indianapolis zoo is hugely popular with foreign visitors.
Restaurants In Indianapolis – Popular With Visitors
- Taste Of Havana – 815 Broad Ripple Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46220
- Greek Islands Restaurant INC – 906 S Meridian St, Indianapolis, IN 46225-1337
- Thai Taste – 5353 E 82nd St, Indianapolis, IN 46250-4510