Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Honolulu Airport car rental!
Looking For Car Rental Honolulu Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Honolulu Airport.
Honolulu is the state capital and most populous city in the US state of Hawaii. The city is also a central hub for international business and US military defense, as well as famously being host to a diverse variety of east-west and Pacific culture, cuisine, and traditions. This is reflected in the huge multicultural diversity you will experience when visiting the city.
A hugely popular tourist destination, the city can become extremely busy during the summer months, with US tourists and foreign visitors alike flocking to the city.
With its beautiful, long beaches and plentiful local attractions, there is something for everybody to enjoy in Honolulu. The city also boasts a stunning sunset landscape and is home to a bustling nightlife and a festival atmosphere throughout the year.
You might also consider Kona Airport Car Rental
Arriving Honolulu Airport
Honolulu International Airport is the primary airport serving the city of Honolulu on the US island of Hawaii.
One of America’s busiest airports, due to the popularity of the island as a tourist destination, you can probably expect a little waiting time upon arrival to undertake the various airport processes, such as check in, baggage collection and security.
The airport offers many car rental options, but again, these can move quite slowly due to the volume of visitors passing through the airport.
With an impressive array of facilities, including many shopping and dining outlets, services are reasonably priced and the airport staff are often remarked to be incredibly cheerful and helpful in their manner.
Located around 5km from downtown Honolulu, taxi cabs from the airport to the city centre can be expected to charge around $9-$13 for the journey.
Driving In Honolulu
Traffic levels in Honolulu tend to be fairly quiet for such a tourist-driven city, especially out of the midsummer months.
However, road conditions are not always perfect, particularly if you are visiting the mountainous hiking attractions that the city has to offer.
Many of these roads can be quite lonely, with sharp bends and poor roads. Take care when driving on these routes and ensure you have an updated GPS system to aid you while navigating.
Car parking in Honolulu is also not the best among American cities. With a lack of availability, you are advised to head into the city centre quite early in the morning to ensure you find an available space while you visit the local attractions.
Honolulu Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Honolulu
- Waikiki Beach – A stunning beach with golden sands and clear, blue water – hugely popular with foreign visitors.
- Oahu Nature Tours – Take a guided tour through Hawaii’s impressive wildlife, plant life and sea life animals.
- Diamond Head – Hawaii’s most popular hiking and biking trail – perfect for outdoor enthusiasts.