Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Denver Airport car rental!
Looking For Car Rental Denver Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Denver Airport.
Denver is the capital and most populous city in the US state of Colorado. Based just East of the Rocky Mountains, it is a wonderfully picturesque city, with its mountain-side views and deep valleys hiding many clear rivers and streams.
For this reason, it is a popular tourist destination, particularly for those interested in physical activities, such as hiking, watersports, mountain climbing and abseiling.
The Denver locals are extremely friendly and willing to make foreign visitors feel at home. For this reason, many tourists revisit Denver on a yearly basis.
The city also offers a colourful nightlife scene, which somewhat belies its reputation as a quiet, elderly populated city and it remains one of America’s best-loved and warmest cities.
Arriving Denver Airport
Denver Airport primarily serves the Denver region of the US state of Colorado. Despite being only the 5th busiest US airport, it is actually the largest by square footage, and for this reason the airport can sometimes feel quieter than it actually is, with a fairly unhurried atmosphere to its terminals.
Airport staff are friendly and welcoming, and due to its resources sometimes being greater than its volume of traffic, airport processes are dealt with extremely swiftly and efficiently.This includes car rental options, which are among the best in the country.
The airport offers ample dining and shopping facilities, and most of these are generally fairly quiet and easy to navigate, due to the unhurried feel of the airport.
Taxi cabs from the airport to downtown Denver can be found for around $10-$15 and availability and service levels are usually very impressive.
Driving In Denver
Driving in Denver city centre can be extremely busy throughout the day, particularly at peak-traffic hours. However, the city offers a system of toll roads which you can use to journey to local tourist attractions, without having to drive through the heart of the city.
While using these will be slightly more expensive, the toll roads will ensure you miss most of the traffic and will ultimately provide you with a greater driving experience.
Car parking in the city can also be very expensive, and it is recommended that you park on the outskirts of the city and then use public transport to navigate around the city centre.
Also be sure to take great care when driving through Denver’s many mountainside roads. Local drivers tend to drive a little recklessly on occasion and you should be prepared for this when navigating these routes.
Denver Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Denver
- Mount Evans – Possibly Denver’s most stunning mountainous attraction and hugely popular with hikers.
- Denver Botanic Gardens – A glorious mix of natural and man-made park areas and walking routes, with picturesque scenery, plant life and wildlife.
- Denver Zoo – One of Colorado’s most popular zoos, with a huge collection of animals, sea life, exhibitions and shows on a daily basis.
Restaurants In Denver
- Fruition – 1313 E 6th Ave, Denver, CO 80218-3453 (Marion)
- Snooze – 2262 Larimer Street, Denver, CO 80205
- Williams And Graham – 3160 Tejon St,, Denver, CO