Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Charlotte Airport car rental!
Looking For Car Rental Charlotte Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Charlotte Airport.
Charlotte is the largest city in the US state of North Carolina. The city is a major US financial center and has a strong economy and some of the lowest unemployment rates in America.
Charlotte is well-known for its many natural attractions and offers a wealth of water based activities from which to choose from – these include surfing, white-water rafting, yachting and rowing.
Because of this, the city can grow exceptionally busy during the Summer months, when US tourists as well as foreign visitors flock to the city in order to undertake these activities.
Charlotte also has a proud sporting heritage due to its NBA and NFL teams, as well as being home to the hugely popular NASCAR Hall of Fame.
Arriving Charlotte Airport
Despite not always being considered a major international airport, Charlotte Airport is among the top 20 busiest airports in the world.
Due to its dual role as a civil-military serving airport, you can expect stringent security checks and a longer than usual check-in and baggage collection process.
The airport does not contain as many shopping outlets and restaurants as many similar sized airports in the US, but does have a decent selection from which to choose.
Needless to say, because of the military use of the airport, be prepared to see a large amount of military staff and personnel in and around the terminals and airport exterior.
While this may appear unnerving at first, many travellers have remarked that this actual gives a more ‘secure’ feel to the airport than other major US airports.
Taxi cabs from the airport to the heart of Charlotte City Center can be expected to cost you around $20-$23.
Driving In Charlotte
Charlotte’s picturesque landscape give it the perfect scenery while you are driving. However, be warned that due to the popularity of many of its attractions, traffic buildup in Charlotte can be quite heavy and road congestion is quite common before 6pm at night.
Most entry and exit points to and from Charlotte will pass through the city’s mountainous roads.
Extra care needs to be taken while passing through these roads, as not all the roads are perfectly maintained and experienced Charlotte drivers will exceed the speed limits from time to time. Keep your wits about you and only use the mountain roads when leaving or entering Charlotte.
Charlotte Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- To enter or exit Charlotte, you are likely to pass through the mountain roads at some point. Take extra care when driving at high altitude, as not all drivers will respect the speed limit on the mountain roads.
- All children aged 8 or under must travel in a child seat or booster seat with a suitable restraining device.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Mobile phone usage of any kind is strictly prohibited. Police officials operate a ‘no tolerance’ approach to mobile phone use while driving.
- Americans drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
Things To Do In Charlotte
- US National Whitewater Center – White Water Rafting, Hiking, Biking with picturesque scenery – something for all the family at the National Whitewater Center.
- Coral World Ocean Park – Fantastic sea life center, filled with exotic and rare sea life. Also offers shows and family entertainment throughout the day.
- Blackbeard’s Castle – Wonderful historic castle based on the tale and myth of Blackbeard. Educational for adults and huge fun for children.