Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental St Louis Airport!
Looking For Car Rental St Louis Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at St Louis Airport.
St Louis is a coastal city in the US state of Missouri. Based on the river Mississippi, it is a popular holiday destination for US tourists and foreign visitors alike, with plentiful attractions and a glorious riverside landscape.
The city is home to many major corporations, and for this reason St Louis boasts a growing economy and the ability to fund further attractions for visitors.
It is hoped that long-term, St Louis will continue to increase in stature and become one of America’s best-loved tourist-centred cities.
Arriving St Louis Airport
St Louis Airport is located in Missouri and primarily serves the city of St Louis. The airport is located around 11km from the city center and taxi cabs from the airport to downtown St Louis can be found for as little as $10-$14 for the journey.
A small airport by international standards, St Louis Airport offers few facilities in terms of shops and restaurants, but this is more than compensated by the fact that airport processes run extremely quickly and you will rarely be left in agonizingly long queues for check-in, baggage collection and car rental processes
St Louis airport has been recently named ‘airport of the year’ due its friendly and helpful staff, as well as its unthreatening yet thorough security processes.
Previous visitors to St Louis airport are generally inclined to name it one of the top 3 airports they have experienced.
Driving In St Louis
St Louis is generally an easy enough driving experience for the first time US driver. Traffic volumes are fairly low and the only congestion in the city tends to be found at between 8am-10am on weekday mornings.
Local attractions are easy enough to navigate by car, although the city does offer an inexpensive public transport system which you may wish to take advantage of if uncomfortable driving in the city.
The pace of driving in St Louis is far quieter than other Missouri cities, and you will find that local drivers generally have high patience levels for tourists and first time drivers.
St Louis Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In St Louis
- Missouri Botanical Garden – A mixture of natural and man-made gardens and park areas, with stunning scenery and plant life.
- Cathedral Basilica – One of Missouri’s finest architectural attractions, this historic cathedral is hugely popular with US tourists and foreign visitors alike.
- St Louis Zoo – With hundreds of animals and sea creatures on display, St Louis Zoo is a must-visit family attraction.
Restaurants In St Louis – Popular With Visitors
- Broadway Oyster Bar – 736 S Broadway, Saint Louis, MO 63102-1602
- Highway 61 Roadhouse And Kitchen – 34 S Old Orchard Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63119-3203
- Bogart’s Smokehouse – 1627 S 9th Street, (Soulard area), Saint Louis, MO 63104