Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Phoenix Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Phoenix Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Phoenix Airport.
The capital and largest city in the US state of Arizona, Phoenix is the 13th most populated city in America.
The city has a pleasant and vibrant mix of cultural diversity and this is reflected in the eclectic nature of the city’s bars, restaurants and shopping precincts.
Along with its glorious mountainous skyline and numerous local attractions, this is one of the primary reasons why Phoenix is growing in popularity as a major US tourist destination.
The city’s hot, desert landscape means that the city stays mostly warm throughout the year, but can become almost unbearably hot during midsummer months.
Arriving Phoenix Airport
One of the busiest airports in the US, Phoenix Airport located a short 3 mile journey from the downtown Phoenix, and therefore taxi cabs from the airport to the city centre can be found for between only $6-$10.
Airport processes can be a little on the lengthy side, and security checks in particular tend to be quite time-consuming. Car rental queues can also be a little more prolonged than at other major US international airports.
However, provided that you are prepared for a short wait when you arrive at the airport, the friendly and helpful airport staff will ensure that you are in and out of the airport in the shortest time possible.
The airport has an extensive array of dining and shopping outlets, and although these are a little expensive, visitors often remark that the overall quality and level of service is excellent.
Driving In Phoenix
One of the easier to navigate US cities, driving in Phoenix is mostly a fairly enjoyable experience. While the city once had a reputation for fast and reckless driving, this has almost been eradicated through the placement of many speed cameras on the major highways running through the city.
Public transport systems are a little worn down and can be quite expensive. However, they offer decent availability and reliability and they are a good option if you would rather not drive around downtown Phoenix.
Please note that car crime rates are slightly above the average in Phoenix. However, providing that you stay within the city centre and tourist related areas, you should not encounter a problem.
Phoenix Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Phoenix
- Phoenix Park – A stunning natural beauty attraction, popular with couples and older visitors.
- Phoenix Zoo – Hugely popular, with a large selection of animals, as well as daily exhibitions and interactive shows.
- Arizona Outdoor Fun – An outdoor entertainment centre and playground – perfect for those with young children or teenagers.
Restaurants In Phoenix
- Pomo Pizzeria Napoletana – 705 N. First Street, Suite 120, Phoenix, AZ 85004
- Rusconi’s American Kitchen – 10637 North Tatum Blvd., Phoenix, AZ 85028
- The Capital Grille – 2502 E Camelback Rd, Ste 199, Phoenix, AZ 85016