Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for cheap Car Rental ORlando Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Orlando Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Orlando Airport.
Home to the Famous Walt Disney World and Universal Studios, Orlando is the number one family vacation destination. It is also home to the second largest convention center.
Orlando is third largest metropolitan area in Florida, giving travelers an array of activities and sites to take in while in the city.
Outside the main city there are also quite a few nature preserves, where visitors and locals alike go to get away from the chaos of Orlando. Not too far from Orlando, about an hour and a half a way, are beaches such as Daytona to relax on.
Since Orlando is quite large, and the transportation system is not the best, car rental is the best way to ensure you see everything on your list.
Arriving at Orlando International Airport
The Orlando International Airport is one of the busiest in the country. Being large in size, and housing many terminals make the airport difficult to navigate for less experienced travelers. However because of this Orlando International Airport has recently introduced an app similar to GPS that allows travelers to locate their ticket counter, gate or terminal, and baggage claim area. The app also helps travelers locate dining areas and shops within the airport.
Since the Airport is very large and notoriously busy it is best to show up two hours early for your flight.
There are many options to get to the main city from Orlando International Airport. A local bus cost around $2, but locals have claimed that mode of transportation to be time consuming and confusing. There are shuttle buses that cost around $19 that offer direct routes into the city. If you choose to rent a car and drive, the airport is about twelve miles away from the city of Orlando.
Driving in Orlando
Driving in Orlando can be hectic, due to large volumes of traffic and congestion. Orlando is a busy city with many confusing roadways. Drive with caution, watching your surroundings closely. Orlando has a high percentage of car accidents, many of which are related to negligence at intersections, speeding, and impaired driving.
Finding areas to park in Orlando can also prove to be difficult, but there is a website that offers a where to park guide, followed by hours and prices of the locations. The link is found at the bottom of the page.
Driving Tips In Orlando
- It is advised to follow a four second rule at intersections. Drivers should wait four seconds after the light turns green to proceed, due to the large number of red lights run.
- Pay close attention to the road as sudden stops and advances are not uncommon.
- There are speed traps located around some tourist attractions, most notably Disney World, so again pay close attention.
- Seatbelts are required to be worn by everyone in the vehicle, failing to do so can result in a hefty fine.
- It’s best to avoid driving during peak rush hour, due to the amount of congestion within the city.
- Watch out for the many bicyclists sharing Orlando’s roads.
Things To Do In Orlando
If you’re looking to have fun in town these might be worth a try
- Shopping– Orlando is home a few great shopping destinations, including a luxury mall. The malls are large in size, offering shoppers a wide variety of brand name stores.
- Nightlife– Orlando offers a large variety of nightlife events, from classy uptown wine and dinning, to vivacious parties featuring live music and plenty of room for dancing.
If you are visiting for the theme parks
- WetNWild– Located in Universal studios, offering many thrilling water slides and amusement rides, it has a yearly attendance of around 1.3 million people.
- Walt Disney World– Nicknamed the happiest place on earth, ringing true for millions of children and adults alike. Broken into four main parks Disney world offers something for everyone whether that’s food, adventure, relaxation, or thrill.
For a quieter day
- Botanical Gardens– Offering many trails through gorgeous natural gardens, this is definitely a place to visit if you need to unwind for a bit.
- Eco Kayak Tours– Go on a guided tour through Florida’s old nature preserves, home to a variety of beautiful hanging mosses, tropical birds, and the common alligator.
Dining In Orlando
- Chatham’s Place-7575 Dr Phillips Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819.
- Yellow Dog Eats– 1236 Hempel Ave, Orlando, FL 34734
- Qarma Crepes– 12 North Summerlin Avenue, Orlando, FL 32801