Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Nashville Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Nashville Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Nashville Airport.
Nashville is the capital city of the state of Tennessee in the US. It is known as the ‘Music City’ due to its historical connections to the country music scene and artists as decorated as Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, Bob Dylan and Dolly Parton have all recorded music in the cities world-famous music studios.
The city hosts a yearly Country Music Festival throughout June, bringing a vibrant ’24 hour a day’ party atmosphere to the city, in which tourists are invited and encouraged to participate. With its friendly locals and historical importance to America, Nashville is one of the best-loved cities in the US and has one of the countries highest return-rates for repeat visitors to the city.
The Nashville climate tends to be sunny and dry for around 9 months of the year, although midsummer weather can be almost unbearably warm for first time visitors. Due to its country music heritage and tourist attractions, Nashville boasts a strong economy and is one of America’s most thriving tourist-driven cities.
Arriving Nashville Airport
Nashville Airport is located around 13km of the city center, making it easy to reach by car rental or public transport.
The airport is officially recorded as being the 34th busiest in the US, and for this reason traffic volume tend to be slightly lower throughout most of the year, only really growing during the Nashville Country Music Festival in June and at the beginning of August.
You can therefore be fairly sure of a fast check-in and baggage collection process, along with rapid car rental queues, designed to get you in and out of the airport as quickly as possible
While the airport does not offer too many shopping outlets and restaurants, those that are available are generally of a good quality, while remaining reasonably inexpensive.
Taxi cabs from the airport to the city centre can be expected to cost between $17-$22.
Driving In Nashville
Compared to other US cities, traffic volumes are quite low in Nashville, and providing that you steer clear of busy areas during peak-traffic hours, you can expect a reasonably relaxing and enjoyable driving experience during your stay.
The annual Country Music Festival takes place in June, at which point the roads do become far busier, along with a vast increase in pedestrian traffic.
It may be worth delaying your visit at this time, unless the festival is your primary reason for travelling.
Car parking spaces are abundant in the downtown Nashville region and the area is just small enough that once you have parked up, you won’t need to drive anywhere else to see all that the Downtown area has to offer.
Nashville Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- All children aged 8 or under must travel in a child seat or booster seat with a suitable restraining device.
- Mobile phone usage of any kind is strictly prohibited. Nashville police officials operate a ‘no tolerance’ approach to mobile phone use while driving.
- Americans drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
Things To Do In Nashville
- Schermerhorn Symphony Center – Experience music of all genres in Nashville’s acoustical gem, the Schermerhorn Symphony Center.
- RCA Studio B – You can’t go to Nashville and not visit the music studio made world-famous by Elvis Presley and Dolly Parton – an absolute must for music lovers.
- Country Music Hall Of Fame And Museum – Recognized as one of the ‘founding fathers’ og the country music scene, Nashville boasts an entire museum dedicated to this genre and again, is a must for all music and pop culture lovers.
Restaurants In Nashville– Popular With Visitors
- Joey’s House Of Pizza – 897 Elm Hill Pike, Nashville, TN 37210-2852
- Etch – 303 Demonbreun Street, Nashville, TN 37201 (3rd AVE.)
- Monell’s Dining And Catering – 1235 6th Ave. North, Nashville, TN 37208-2601