Go through the reviews for Car Rental MSP Airport! That will help you make car hire comparison, so that you can book an affordable car hire at a great discount! Enjoy your trip to Minneapolis – Saint Paul area!
Looking For Car Rental Minneapolis-Saint Paul Airport?
Make a good use of the website AirportCarRental365.com to find cheap car rental offers for your trip to Minneapolis! Give us the dates of your visit and we will make sure to get you an economy car rental at MSP Airport!
Minneapolis and Saint Paul form the so called Twin Cities area and thus make the largest settlement in Minnesota State. Most of the landmarks of the city and the important places of interest are concentrated in the downtown area. These include the main theatre venues, major sport halls and the central business district, as well as the trendiest night clubs in the district of Warehouse, the historic mill ruins along the Mississippi River, and also Elliot Park and Loring Park. Minneapolis further has lovely nature and 22 natural lakes, it features beautiful biking and walking paths as well.
Arriving at Minneapolis-Saint Paul Airport
Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport is a joint civil and military public airport that features two terminals and operates many flights. It is positioned in the Hennepin County, approximately 16 km from the downtown areas of both Minneapolis city and the city of Saint Paul. MSP Airport is the largest and busiest airport for the upper Midwest region, which includes the states of Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, North Dakota, Nebraska and Wisconsin.
The airport is very modern and spacious, equipped with all facilities needed including airport car parking. It also features airport shuttle service to the two nearby settlements, as well as offices of different car rental companies. Naturally, car reservation is also possible online and in advance through the services offered by the website airportcarrental365.
Driving in Minneapolis-Saint Paul
Getting one of the good car rental deals in the area of Minneapolis and Saint Paul is easy and driving in the area is quite pleasant and easy to organize. The two cities have a grid system and division into quadrants, which makes the orientation easy. The street signs have directions and names and they come in multi colors that indicate the priority of plowing during the winter storms.
The main arteries in the city are the interstate highways 35W and 94, which can lead the travelers to the end of the downtown zone. The drivers should keep an eye on the lanes they are in since the freeway interchanges come fast and the traffic back-ups can occur at any time. The rush hours are in the morning between 7 and 9 AM, and in the evening between 3 and 7 PM. Driving in the winter should be done with extra care, as the snow coverage is serious.
Things to Do & See in Minneapolis-Saint Paul
The area of Minneapolis and Saint Paul offers to the travelers plenty of interesting things to do and see. Among them there are beautiful natural parks and waterfront zones, interesting museums, large malls and shopping districts, as well as dining zones. Some of the places that deserve the attention include:
- Minneapolis Institute of Arts – which is home to one of the best art collections in the United States. It has art works from various artists and has free access.
- Minnesota Centennial Showboat – that showboat impresses the audience with its wonderfully talented young actors. It has scenic location and is docked on Harriet Island just across the downtown area of St. Paul. The area features some of the best river views, decks and public spaces on the Mississippi River.
- The Guthrie Theater – renowned theater with classical literature performances and contemporary playwrights.
- Lake of the Isles with many bird sanctuaries, a public skating rink, with a warming house, and also climbing trees. There are also no public swimming beaches.
- Minneapolis is the city of lakes and riverfronts, lagoons and creeks, and it features camping sites around. The area is ideal for biking, skating and practicing of different other sports like swimming, paddling, etc.