Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Minneapolis Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Minneapolis Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Minneapolis Airport.
Minneapolis is a major American city, based in the US state of Minnesota. With its many lakes, rivers and natural creeks – many of which run directly through the city centre, Minneapolis is an extremely beautiful centre and immensely popular with foreign visitors who are attracted to mix of modern and traditional features which the city offers its visitors.
The climate tends to be warm all year round, and temperatures can grow very hot, particularly during the summer months. Many visitors travel to the city in spring or autumn to take advantage of the warm weather while the city is not at its most bustling.
Minneapolis offers a large cultural diversity, with large German and Scandinavian populations. This results in a wonderfully vibrant atmosphere to the city and is reflected in the diversity of bars, restaurants and shopping outlets encountered throughout the city centre.
Arriving Minneapolis Airport
Minneapolis Airport is the major international airport serving the city of Minneapolis, located in the US state of Minnesota. Located only 10km from Downtown Minneapolis, taxi cabs from the airport to the city center can be expected to charge you around $14-$20 for the journey.
Standard airport processes tend to move very quickly and seem to be far better organized than at other major US airports, particularly those serving the Minnesota area. The airport staff are also incredibly well-trained and helpful.
Therefore you will not be waiting around in the airport for too long before picking up your rental car and heading out into the city centre.
Minneapolis airport offers many shopping and dining facilities, and is famous for also offering live entertainment and music throughout the airport at several points during the day.
This has proven very popular with foreign visitors to the city, along with the free wi-fi access that the airport also offers to its visitors.
Driving In Minneapolis
A rental car is definitely recommended in order to take in the numerous local attractions that Minneapolis and the wider Minnesota area have to offer, although you may wish to take advantage of the reasonably priced and reliable bus service to navigate through the heart of the city centre.
Car parking outlets are numerous and most are reasonably priced, with good availability throughout the day.
Traffic levels are predictably high in the city centre, particularly during peak-traffic hours, and it is advisable to plan your journeys accordingly, in order to avoid the frustration of delays and mis-navigated routes.
Minneapolis Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Minneapolis
- Minnehaha Park – An absolutely stunning natural garden with waterpark features – perfect for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Minneapolis Institute Of Arts – with hundreds of exhibitions by some of the most well-respected artists in the world, all art lovers should visit this museum during your stay in the city.
- Escape MSP – A hugely popular escape game complex, aimed at teenagers and young adults.
Restaurants In Minneapolis
- 112 Eatery – 112 N Third St, Minneapolis, MN 55401
- Capital Grille – 801 Hennepin Ave, LaSalle Plaza, Minneapolis, MN 55402-1818 (8th Street)
- Pizzeria Lola – 5557 Xerxes Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN