Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental at Indianapolis Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Indianapolis Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Indianapolis Airport.
Indianapolis is situated right at the center of the state of Indiana. It is the largest city in the state and is home to approximately 830,000 people. This figure makes it the 12th largest city in the whole of the US.
It has a dry and sunny climate, with hot summers and fairly mild winters.
Known primarily for the Indy 500 motor racing course, Indianapolis is also known as the “Racing Capital of the World”, making it a huge tourist attraction during the racing season and bringing with it a wealth of cultural diversity and an unmistakable party atmosphere during these periods.
Arriving Indianapolis Airport
Despite the popularity of Indianapolis, the actual airport is quite small compared to the amount of traffic that passes through it on a daily basis.
There are significantly less restaurants, bars and shopping outlets than at other major US airports and this is partly due to the airport being designed post 9-11, and the stringent security measures which were brought in across the whole of the US are plainly obvious at Indianapolis airport.
Taxi cabs from Indianapolis airport to the heart of the city centre cost approximately $25-$30 and due to the large amount of people passing through the terminals, it is recommended that you prepare yourself for a slightly lengthier check-in process than normal.
Driving In Indianapolis
Indianapolis is known as the ‘crossroads of America’ with several major interstates meeting and passing through the city.
Indianapolis has a well-organized road system, with a wealth of bike lanes and ‘carpool’ lanes designed to ease congestion and reward those who seek to reduce emissions on its city roads.
Because of this, traffic tends to remain mostly free from congestion, apart from at peak-traffic hours, which tends to result in a more pleasurable driving experience for those visiting the city for the first time.
Indianapolis Driving Tips
- Take notice of bike lanes. Indianapolis is one of the largest bike lane using cities in the US and visitors need to pay attention to the multitude of bikers who take advantage of this
- All children below the age of 8 require a child seat or booster seat. Also, children below the age of 12 are forbidden to sit in the front 2 seats of the car.
- Similar to bike lanes, Indianapolis is also increasing the amount of express ‘carpool’ lanes on its roads. Be sure to take advantage of this if you are holidaying as a couple or as a family.
Things To Do In Indianapolis
- Children’s Museum Of Indianapolis – The largest children’s museum in the world – Perfect for families with young children.
- The Lucas Oil Stadium – One of the oldest and most spectacular sports stadiums in America. All sports fans should take the tour while visiting Indianapolis.
- Indianapolis Zoo – Boasting over 6,600 animals, Indianapolis zoo is perfect for both couple and families alike.
Restaurants In Indianapolis – Popular With Visitors
- Taste Of Havana – 815 Broad Ripple Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46220
- Greek Islands Restaurant INC – 906 S Meridian St, Indianapolis, IN 46225-1337
- Thai Taste – 5353 E 82nd St, Indianapolis, IN 46250-4510