Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Houston Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Houston Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Houston Airport.
Houston is easily the most populated city in Texas, and is estimated at being the 4th most populous city in the US. The city is primarily famous for the NASA Mission Control Center and the Texas Medical Center.
The city has a culturally mix of various ethnic and religious backgrounds, and a large and growing international community. Houston is widely considered to be the most diverse city in Texas and the United States.
Houston has a burgeoning visual and performing arts scene in the Theater District and offers year-round resident companies in all major performing arts. Because of this, it is a popular cultural hotspot for visiting US and foreign tourists.
Arriving Houston Airport
Houston airport is the 10th largest and busiest airport in North America. Due to the size of the airport, there are numerous restaurants and shopping outlets on offer, and most are priced reasonably inexpensively.
Airport processes are undertaken with the minimum of fuss and tend to proceed fairly rapidly.
This is also true of the car rental queues processes, which are run extremely efficiently. Just what you need after a long flight into the city.
Taxi cabs travelling from the airport to Downtown Houston can be expected to cost you around $18 -$25.
Driving In Houston
Public transport in Houston is not the greatest service within the US, so a rental car is definitely recommended in order to take in the numerous local attractions that Houston has to offer.
Parking rates fluctuate quite wildly across the city center, but cheap car parks can be found after a little bit of searching. Most car parks are also guarded, adding extra security to your stay in the city.
Traffic levels are quite high, particularly during peak-traffic hours, and it is advisable to plan your journeys accordingly in order to avoid the frustration of delays and mis-navigated routes.
Houston Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- Most of Houston’s museums offer free parking. The museums are quite large and you can easily spend a day in the museum district of the city. Use the free museum parking to save yourself a days’ worth of parking fees.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Americans drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Houston
- Houston Space Center – Possible the most famous space facility in the world – visit Houston space center and watch history unfold in front of your eyes.
- Houston Zoo – Perfect for families, this huge zoo boasts a large selection of land animals, sea life and birds.
- Houston Museum Of Natural Science – A spectacular collection of dinosaur skeletons, space-station models, with a planetarium and much more.