Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Honolulu Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Honolulu Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Honolulu Airport.
The state capital and most populous city in the US state of Hawaii, Honolulu is a hub of multicultural diversity, natural beauty and gloriously consistent climate.
It is therefore no surprise that the city remains a wildly popular tourist destination, and can become extremely busy during the summer months.
With its famously beautiful long beaches and a host of diverse local attractions, there is truly something for everybody to enjoy in Honolulu, as well as easy access to other primary Hawaiian tourist spots.
The city also boasts a stunning coastal landscape and is home to an always bustling nightlife and a festival atmosphere throughout the year.
Arriving Honolulu Airport
The primary airport serving the city of Honolulu on the US island of Hawaii, Honolulu Airport can become extremely busy, particularly during the midsummer months.
You should therefore brace yourself for a lengthy stay upon arriving as you travel through check-in, baggage collection and security.
Located only around 5km from downtown Honolulu, taxi cabs from the airport to the city centre can be expected to charge around $9-$13 for the journey.
The airport offers many car rental options, but these can move fairly slowly, again due to the volume of visitors passing through the airport.
Driving In Honolulu
Honolulu traffic levels tend to remain fairly quiet, which is surprising considering the tourist-heavy nature of the region.
Road conditions, however, are not in the greatest shape, and you must take particular care when visiting the many hiking attractions that the city has to offer.
These mountainous roads can be lonely affairs, with many sharp bends and poor roads. Take care when driving on these routes and ensure you have an updated GPS system to aid you while navigating.
It may also be worth discussing particularly treacherous routes with some of the locals before setting out on your journey.
Honolulu Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Honolulu
- Waikiki Beach – A glorious beach and coastal region – previous visitors have called the beach ‘heaven on earth’.
- Oahu Nature Tours – Hawaii’s best-loved nature tour and a real must-see visit for nature enthusiasts.
- Diamond Head – A wildly popular hiking and biking trail – perfect for outdoor enthusiasts and families.
Restaurants In Honolulu
- Hono Hawaiian Seafood – 747 Kapahulu Ave, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96816
- Steak Shack – 2161 Kalia Road, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815
- Lucky Belly – 50 North Hotel Street, Smith Street, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96817