Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Detroit Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Detroit Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Detroit Airport.
Detroit is the largest and most populous city in the US state of Michigan, and is incredibly popular with foreign visitors due to its numerous local attractions and world-famous local music scene.
The city is also known as the automobile capital of the US and this industry is the primary reason for Detroit’s strong local economy and low unemployment rates.
Detroit is targeted primarily at older visitors, as many of its attractions include several libraries, museums and natural gardens, as well as the impressive Downtown Detroit, which remains a busy hub of activity into the early hours of the morning.
Arriving Detroit Airport
Detroit Airport is a major international airport, primarily serving the city of Detroit, based in the US state of Michigan. It is Michigan’s largest and busiest airport and was recently ranked as America’s best large airport in several independent polls.
Located just 6km from downtown Detroit, taxi cabs from the airport to the city centre can be expected to charge as low as $8-$12 for the journey.
Airport processes such as check in, security, baggage collection and car rental options can be a little slow-moving due to the volume of visitors, but you shouldn’t be too long waiting around in the airport before collecting your car.
Parking at Detroit Airport is also relatively easy, with a range of short-term and long-term slots available, when picking up or dropping off your rental car.
The airport also boasts an extensive array of services, facilities, shops and dining outlets with a good selection and various price ranges, as well as free wi-fi access for its passengers.
Driving In Detroit
Driving in Detroit can be quite difficult for 1st time drivers. Car parking can be expensive and finding car park availability can be quite a long-winded process. You may want to take public transport to visit the local attractions.
Congestion is also a common problem, particularly at busy times of the day and the local pedestrians don’t always seem to think twice before stepping into the road
Therefore, great care must be taken while driving through the city, although matters improve on the outskirts of Detroit where road conditions improve greatly.
Detroit Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Detroit
- Motown Historical Museum – Relive the history of Motown with this awesome museum which is a must-visit attraction for music lovers.
- Comerica Park – A huge, modern sports stadium – catch a game or take a guided tour around this stunning arena.
- Downtown Detroit – With bars, restaurants and shopping precincts, Downtown Detroit offers a real mix of modern and traditional America.
Restaurants In Detroit
- Detroit Institute Of Bagels – 1236 Michigan Ave, Detroit, MI 48226
- Giovannis’s – 330 S Oakwood Blvd, Detroit, MI 48217
- Hygrade Restaurant And Deli – 3640 Michigan Ave, Detroit, MI 48216