Car Rental Cincinnati Airport, compare deals with top rental companies.
Cincinnati is the third largest city in Ohio, sixty-fifth largest city in the U.S. Offering visitors a wide variety in activities. From their thriving arts scene, world class zoo and aquarium, newly revived riverfront shopping and over four thousand restaurants to enjoy, you won’t be disappointed. Located right on the Ohio River, Cincinnati has a unique blend of city life, and tranquil nature settings. The perfect balance for a well rounded vacation.
Arriving at Cincinnati International Airport
The Cincinnati/ Kentucky International Airport is very large but luckily fairly easy to navigate. The upper level is where you check in and get your tickets if you have not done that ahead of time online. Mid-level is where the baggage claim is, and the lower level is a meeting point. While there are only too terminals for gates, B gates are for Delta, and A gates are for all other terminals.
Since the city of Cincinnati is so large, the best way to make sure you see everything is to rent a vehicle. If you have not found a vehicle to rent from the airport, Airportcarrental365 is a great place to rent through. To pick up your rental vehicle take the shuttle from the baggage claim area to the car park.
In case renting a car is not an option there are taxis and van services that usually price around $25-36. Public transportation is available, but is also very confusing so map your route before landing.
Driving in Cincinnati
Cincinnati is large city and therefore can be intimidating for new drivers or drivers not use to such a fast paced environment.
- Drive defensively, city drivers are notorious for cutting people off and swerving in and out of traffic, in order to get somewhere faster.
- Do not tailgate, Cincinnati drivers will brake check you, and you will be at fault.
- Keep up with flow of traffic or keep right.
- Avoid city center at rush hour.
- Always wear a seat belt.
- During the day keep parking lights on to make yourself more visible.
- Map your route ahead of time, and use parking apps such as parkme.
- No cell phones or hands free devices, if caught you will receive a large fine.
- Keep right except to pass, while not a new law, it is being enforced more frequently.
Things to do in Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Gardens– A great place to visit, the zoo is quite compact so you don’t have hike very far between exhibits. Perfect for a family day out, with many interactive things for the kids to do. Or a great date option.
- Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Station– What better place to have a museum than at the famous Union Station. Learn about local history and enjoy a few foreign treasures.
- American Sign Museum– At first glance this activity may sound odd, but it is well worth the trip. Take a tour through America’s history and see some hilarious old signs that you won’t see anywhere else.
Places to Eat in Cincinnati
- Eli’s BBQ– 3313 Riverside Dr, Cincinnati, OH 45226-1012. You simply cannot travel into the heart of America and not stop for our famous BBQ. Eli’s has all the traditional BBQ meats and all the fixings that accompany them. The portions are huge and yet the price is still affordable.
- The Blind Lemon– 936 Hatch St, Cincinnati, OH 45202-1529. A cozy bar/pub with great food, and exceptional drinks. Renowned for their specialty cocktails, this is a great place to unwind from a busy day.
- Jean-Robert’s Table– 713 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (7th and Vine Streets). More of an upscale dining restaurant, it can be pricey depending on what you order. Jean-Robert’s Table is an excellent dining experience with a lovely atmosphere.