Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Austin Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Austin Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Austin Airport.
Recognized as the cultural and economic centre of Texas, Austin is a permanently busy central hub for both international business people and foreign tourists.This results in a wonderfully diverse and festival-like atmosphere to the city as you stroll around downtown Austin and its surrounding areas.
The climate tends to be warm and dry all year round, and temperatures can grow very hot, particularly during the summer months.Austin is also known as the ‘clean air city’ for its stringent no-smoking policies. These are applicable in any public place, whether internal or external. You are advised to remember this before attempting to smoke in the city centre.
Arriving Austin Airport
Primarily serving the Texan city of Austin, Austin Airport is located only 8km from Downtown Austin. Taxi cabs from the airport to the city center can be expected to charge you around $14-$20 and there is good availability throughout the day.
The Austin Airport staff are very well-trained, organized and helpful. Airport processes move very quickly, compared to many other major US airports.
If you are seeking car rental Austin Airport, you will find many rental car options, with extremely fast-moving queues. D not expect to be waiting around the airport for too long upon your arrival!
Being one of the only US airports to offer live entertainment to its visitors, Austin Airport also offers an extensive selection of shopping outlets, bars and restaurants.
Driving In Austin
Despite an excellent public transport system, car rental Austin Airport is most certainly recommended to 1st time visitors. You will need a rental car to take in the numerous local attractions that the city of Austin has to offer.
Car parking rates do tend to vary within the city center, but can be found after a little bit of searching. Many of the city’s car parks are also securely guarded, which should add peace of mind to your rental car experience.
Traffic levels remain high in the city centre. Particularly during peak-traffic hours it is always advisable to plan your journeys accordingly, in order to avoid the frustration of delays at these times.
Austin Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Austin
- Barton Springs Pool – One of Austin’s most popular attraction, this stunning natural geyser is perfect for watersports enthusiasts.
- 6th Street – Austin’s primary nightlife strip, brimming with high-quality restaurants, bars and nightclubs.
- iFly Indoor Skydiving – Take thrilling skydiving lessons from some of the country’s most well-respected tutors.
Restaurants In Austin
- Uchi – 801 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78704-1509 (Barton Springs)
- Uchiko – 4200 N. Lamar Blvd, Suite 140, Austin, TX 78756 (43rd)
- Franklin Barbecue – 4200 N. Lamar Blvd, Suite 140, Austin, TX 78756 (43rd)
Want to go for a road trip after you have rented a car at Austin Airport? Why not visit San Antonio – which is only 82 miles (approx. 1hr and 20min) from Austin Airport. Or what about Zilker Metropolitian Park or maybe go visit The Bullock Museum.