Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Atlanta Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Atlanta Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Atlanta Airport.
The capital and most populated city in the US state of Georgia, Atlanta is a growing holiday destination for many overseas visitors.
As a major central hub of American technology, logistics and financial businesses, Atlanta maintains a strong local economy and is also investing lots of money into securing and enhancing the city’s reputation as a central US tourist destination to rival Florida and New York City.
With its stunning mountainside views, Atlanta offers a vibrant and distinctive skyline, and is immensely popular with hikers and outdoor activity enthusiasts, both from the US and overseas alike.
Famous for its numerous shopping and dining outlets, Atlanta also offers a distinctive nightlife scene, based primarily around its impressive local music scene.
Arriving Atlanta Airport
Generally regarded as the busiest airport in the world, Atlanta Airport has held this ranking since 1998. Located only 7km from the heart of downtown Atlanta, taxi cabs can be expected to charge around $10-$14 for the journey.
Because of these high volume traffic figures, airport procedures such as check-in, baggage collection, security and car rental options can take far longer than at other major US airports, although the staff are well-trained, extremely helpful and will try to get you on your way as soon as possible.
The airport offers an impressive array of shopping and dining outlets, although many of these can feel quite busy and hurried due to the high volume of pedestrian traffic passing through the terminals. It is therefore recommended that you dine and shop once you reach Atlanta city centre.
Driving In Atlanta
Surprisingly quiet and easy to navigate, Driving in Atlanta can be quite enjoyable, providing that you stay away from downtown Atlanta, during peak traffic hours.
Be warned that you will require a rental car to navigate Atlanta, as the public transport system is not among the best in the US, either for price, availability or reliability.
However, car parking in the city can also be quite expensive, and you may wish to budget for this when visiting the city. Car parks are often securely guarded for extra peace of mind, and are also fairly numerous, therefore availability is usually not a problem.
Atlanta Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Atlanta
- World Of Coca Cola – A guided tour through the history of one of the world’s most well-loved and recognizable brands.
- Fox Theatre – Atlanta’s most popular theatre, offering a large selection of quality shows and live entertainment.
- Atlanta Zoo – The largest zoo in Atlanta, with a huge selection of exotic animals, as well as interactive shows that take place daily.
Restaurants In Atlanta
- Capital Grille – 255 E. Paces Ferry Road – The Capital Building, Atlanta, GA 30305 (Boiling Way)
- Canoe – 4199 Paces Ferry Rd NW, Atlanta, GA 30339 (Chattahoochee River / Woodland Brook)
- Fandangles – 165 Courtland St NE, Atlanta, GA 30303 (Andrew Young International Boulevard)
Already rented a car at Atlanta Airport? How about driving to one of these places? Georgia Aquarium, Atlanta Botanical Garden, or perhaps Atlanta Motorsports Speedway – one of the country’s top sports, corporate, family and entertainment facilities.