Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Boston Airport car rental!
Looking For Car Rental Boston Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Boston Airport.
Boston is the capital and largest city in the US state of Massachusetts. As one of the oldest cities in America, Boston boasts a huge historical significance to the country and is well-known for the Boston Tea Party, which results in thousands of historically minded visitors passing through the city every year.
While not widely recognized as a predominantly tourist-driven city, Boston maintains a healthy share of the US tourism trade and offers many local attractions for visitors to the city.
As many of these are targeted at older individuals, the city is not renowned for being a family friendly vacation destination, although the US government are seeking to rectify this by pumping further money into the Boston tourism trade.
Architecturally, Boston is a stunning city, and its reputation as a central hub of US higher education ensures that the cityscape is awash with cathedrals, libraries, government buildings and colleges.
Arriving Boston Airport
Boston Airport is based in East Boston and is currently one of America’s busiest airports. As it also services the wider New England area, it operates many international services and the airport can often feel as congested as its visitors figures would suggest.
Located just four miles northeast of Boston, taxi cabs from the airport to downtown Boston can be expected to charge as low as $8-$12 for the journey.
Airport processes such as check in, security, baggage collection and car rental options can be a little slow-moving due to the volume of visitors, but you shouldn’t be too long waiting around in the airport before collecting your car.
Parking at Boston Airport is easy, with a range of short-term and long-term slots available, when picking up or dropping off your rental car.
The airport boasts an extensive array of services, facilities, shops and dining outlets with a good selection and various price ranges.
Driving In Boston
Driving in Boston can be quite difficult for 1st time drivers. Car parking can be expensive and finding car park availability can be quite a long-winded process. You may want to take public transport to visit the local attractions.
The city is also filled with quite confusing one-way streets and you will need an updated GPS system if you want to make navigation of the city a simpler task.
Congestion is also a common problem, particularly at busy times of the day and the local pedestrians don’t always seem to think twice before stepping into the road.
Therefore, great care must be taken while driving through the city, although matters improve on the outskirts of the city where road conditions improve and the one-way system becomes ineffective.
Boston Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Boston
- Old Town Trolley Tours – Take a tram tour right through the heart of Boston city centre and arrive at your destination in style.
- Museum Of Fine Arts – One of America’s most popular art museums, with a huge collection of art by some of the worlds most renowned artists.
- Boston Tea Party Ships And Museum – Relive the historical event that was the Boston Tea Party on these intriguing trips and guided tours.
Restaurants In Boston
- Italian Express Pizzeria – 336 Sumner St, East Boston, Boston, MA 02128-2124
- James Hook & Company – 15 Northern Avenue, Boston, MA
- Sam Lagrassa’s – 44 Province St, Boston, MA 02108-5120