Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Austin Airport car rental!
Looking For Car Rental Austin Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Austin Airport.
Austin is the capital city of the US state of Texas. Recognized as the cultural and economic centre of Texas, the city is a busy hive of international business people and foreign tourists, resulting in a wonderfully diverse atmosphere to the city as you stroll around downtown Austin.
The climate tends to be warm all year round, and temperatures can grow very hot, particularly during the summer months.
However, most restaurants , bars and shopping facilities in the city are now fully air-conditioned and targeted at making foreign tourists as comfortable as possible.
Austin is also known as the ‘clean air city’ for its stringent no-smoking policies. These are applicable in any public place, whether internal or external.
Arriving Austin Airport
Austin Airport is the major international airport serving the city of Austin, the US capital of Texas. Located 8km southeast of Downtown Austin, taxi cabs from the airport to the city center can be expected to charge you around $14-$20 for the journey.
Airport processes move very quickly and seem to be far better organized than at other major US airports. The airport staff are also incredibly well-trained and helpful.
Therefore you will not be waiting around in the airport for too long before picking up your rental car and heading out into the city centre.
Austin airport offers many shopping and dining facilities, and is famous for also offering live entertainment and music throughout the airport at several points during the day. This has proven very popular with foreign visitors to the city.
Driving In Austin
Public transport in Austin is fantastic, as you would expect from a major Texas city. However, a rental car is definitely recommended in order to take in the numerous local attractions that Austin and the wider Texan area have to offer.
Parking rates tend to fluctuate quite wildly across the city center, but cheap car parks can be found after a little bit of searching. Most car parks are also guarded, adding extra security to your stay in the city, particularly when driving somebody else’s car!
Traffic levels are predictably high in the city centre, particularly during peak-traffic hours, and it is advisable to plan your journeys accordingly, in order to avoid the frustration of delays and mis-navigated routes.
Austin Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Austin
- Barton Springs Pool – A stunning natural geyser and body of water, which remains one of Austin’s most popular attractions.
- 6th Street – A fantastic strip of bars, restaurants and shopping opportunities, 6th street really comes to life at night.
- iFly Indoor Skydiving – For the adrenaline junkies, take indoor skydiving lessons with some of the country’s top instructors.
Restaurants In Austin
- Uchi – 801 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78704-1509 (Barton Springs)
- Uchiko – 4200 N. Lamar Blvd, Suite 140, Austin, TX 78756 (43rd)
- Franklin Barbecue – 4200 N. Lamar Blvd, Suite 140, Austin, TX 78756 (43rd)