Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Atlanta Airport car rental!
Looking For Car Rental Atlanta Airport?
Atlanta is the capital and most populous city in the US state of Georgia. A central hub of American technology, logistics and financial businesses, the city maintains a strong economy and is investing many millions into securing Atlanta’s reputation as a central US tourist destination to rival Florida and New York City.
With its picturesque mountainside views, Atlanta offers a distinctive skyline and is popular with hikers and outdoor activity enthusiasts.
Famous for its shopping and dining outlets, Atlanta also offers a distinctive nightlife scene, popular among US tourists and foreign visitors alike.
Arriving Atlanta Airport
Atlanta Airport is generally regarded as the busiest airport in the world, and has held this ranking since 1998. The airport is located 7km from the heart of downtown Atlanta, and taxi cabs can be expected to cost you around $10-$14 for the journey.
As you would expect form an airport experiencing such high volumes of traffic, procedures such as check-in, baggage collection, security and car rental options can take slightly longer than at quieter airports, although these are conducted fairly quickly and are certainly no slower than at other similarly sized major international airports.
The airport offers a large selection dining and shopping facilities, although many of these can feel quite busy and hurried due to the high volume of pedestrian traffic passing through the terminals. It is recommended to dine and shop once you reach Atlanta city centre.
Driving In Atlanta
Atlanta can be a surprisingly quiet city to navigate, providing that you stay away from the heart of the city centre at peak traffic hours.
This is definitely a bonus, as the public transport system is not among the best in the US, and you will definitely require a rental car to take in all the attractions that Atlanta has to offer.
However, car parking in the city can be quite expensive, and you may wish to budget for this when visiting the city. Car parks are often securely guarded and numerous, therefore availability is usually not a problem.
Atlanta Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Atlanta
- World Of Coca Cola – Fantastic fun for kids and educational for adults, take a guided tour of one of the best-loved brands on the planet.
- Fox Theatre – Atlanta’s most popular theatre, offering a large selection of quality shows and performances for all the family to enjoy.
- Atlanta Zoo – Atlanta’s largest zoo, with a massive selection of rare and exotic animals, as well as entertaining shows taking place throughout the day.
Restaurants In Atlanta
- Capital Grille – 255 E. Paces Ferry Road – The Capital Building, Atlanta, GA 30305 (Boiling Way)
- Canoe – 4199 Paces Ferry Rd NW, Atlanta, GA 30339 (Chattahoochee River / Woodland Brook)
- Fandangles – 165 Courtland St NE, Atlanta, GA 30303 (Andrew Young International Boulevard)