Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for JFK Airport car rental!
Looking For JFK Airport Car Rental?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at JFK Airport.
New York City is the busiest and most populous city in the US. The city has a huge influence on the rest of the US, and is a global hub of finance, culture, sports and tourism.
Most people are aware of the city’s most famous landmarks and attractions, but there is a real depth to the city’s tourist attractions, and each and every day of your stay can easily be filled with something new.
As an east coast city, New York City is not the warmest of US cities, but the climate still tends to be generally hot and dry throughout the year.
With its unsurpassable nightlife scene, plentiful attractions and huge historical significance to the US, it is easy to see why the city is easily the world’s most popular.
Arriving JFK Airport
JFK Airport is the major airport serving the region of Queens, in the US state of New York. It is North America’s busiest airport, and is located around 12km from the city centre.
Taxi cabs for the airport to downtown Queens are likely to set you back around $20-$27 and tend to be more expensive than at other major US airports.
The airport hosts a huge volume of visitors each and every day of the year. For this reason, many airport processes can be slow-moving and you are advised to expect a lengthy wait upon arrival at the airport.
Security checks are extremely thorough – a direct result of the security enhancement at all New York airports since 9/11.
If you are seeking JFK Airport car rental, you will find a direct shuttle to the rental car areas, where queues tend to be long, but fairly fast-moving in general.
Driving In New York
It is important to start with the fact that driving in New York City can be very busy. As possibly the world’s most highly visited city, the volumes of traffic on the road can be breathtaking.
Also be warned that pedestrians are likely to cross the road at almost any time, and the city suffers from an above average rate of road traffic incidents as a result of this. It is important to concentrate at all times when driving through the city centre.
With that said, you will probably need a JFK Airport car rental to experience all that the city has to offer, as the sheer amount of local attractions are impossible to visit using only public transport.
Car parking in the city centre can be found quite inexpensively, but the city suffers from a lack of availability throughout most of the day. You may find that there are days when you have no choice but to use the public transport system to better navigate the city.
New York Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Americans drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In New York
- Empire State Building – One of the world’s most recognizable landmarks, a visit to the Empire State Building is a must during your New York visit.
- Central Park – Possibly the most famous park on the planet, with beautiful scenery and cityscape views.
- Central Park Zoo – One of New York’s largest and most popular zoos, with hundreds of animals, exhibitions and interactive shows to enjoy.
Restaurants In New York
- Lincoln Square Steak – 208 W 70th Street, New York City, NY 10023
- Faicco’s Pork Store – 260 Bleeker St., New York City, NY 10014
- Daniel – 142 5th St., New York City, NY 10017