Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Buffalo Airport Car Rental !
Looking For Car Rental Buffalo Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Buffalo Airport.
Buffalo is a city in the popular US state of New York. The city is located at the beginning of Niagara River which flows Northward into Niagara falls.
The city is a wonder of architectural design and boasts an impressive city landscape filled with libraries, museums and provincial buildings.
Buffalo has a humid climate, but its proximity to the coast can result in cooler sea winds entering the city, particularly during colder periods.
With a large cultural diversity, including Italian, Jewish, German and Polish communities, Buffalo cuisine offers a wide variety of choice for dining and nightlife activities.
Arriving Buffalo Airport
Buffalo Airport is the largest airport serving upperstate New York, and is located approximately 11 miles from Downtown Buffalo.
There are currently 10 restaurants serving the airport, and though quite expensive, they offer a wide range of high-quality food upon your arrival.
There are only 2 shopping outlets in the airport however, and queues can be quite time-consuming. It is recommended to do any shopping in Buffalo city center as opposed to the airport.
Due to the security measures enforced in New York since 9/11, security checks and check-in procedures can be quite lengthy, although this does not seem to apply to the car rental queues which are generally quite small and run at a reasonable pace.
Taxi cabs travelling from the airport to Downtown Buffalo can be expected to cost you around $18 – $23.
Driving In Buffalo
Public transport in Buffalo is fantastic, as you would expect from anywhere linked with New York.
However, due to the spaced out nature of the local attractions, a rental car is definitely recommended in order to take in the numerous local attractions that Buffalo and the wider New York area have to offer.
Parking rates fluctuate quite wildly across the city center, but cheap car parks can be found after a little bit of searching. Most car parks are also guarded, adding extra security to your stay in the city.
Traffic levels are predictably high, particularly during peak-traffic hours, and it is advisable to plan your journeys accordingly in order to avoid the frustration of delays and mis-navigated routes.
Buffalo Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Americans drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Buffalo
- Coca-Cola Field – Catch the local baseball team in action at the Coca-Cola field. A great afternoon out for all the family.
- Buffalo Tiger’s Airboat Tours – Take a guided tour on a state of the art airboat. See the stunning city landscape from sea.
- Buffalo City Hall – Stunning architectural landscape and Buffalo’s primary historical museum.
Restaurants In Buffalo – Popular With Visitors
- Hutch’s – 1375 Delaware Ave, Buffalo, NY 14209-1108 (W Delavan Avenue)
- Lombardo Ristorante – 1198 Hertel Ave, Buffalo, NY 14216-2747
- Left Bank – 511 Rhode Island St, Buffalo, NY 14213-2317