Punta Gorda Airport Car Rental, compare prices of leading companies to get the best deal for your trip.
Punta Gorda, Florida
The ideal vacation spot, and picturesque scenery of what everyone imagines when they think tropical paradise. The streets here are lined with large royal palms, the lifestyle is relaxed, and climate is pleasant year round. The city itself has an old Florida feel to it, with classic tin roofs, old street lamps, and brick lanes. This offers travelers a unique and relaxing experience to just stroll through the beauty of the city and harbor.
Arriving at Punta Gorda Airport
The Punta Gorda Airport is relatively small compared to most airports, making finding your way around very easy. there is only one terminal, and straight ahead from the main entrance. Arrivals get off and are sent directly to the baggage claim. From the baggage claim you can see the rental desks, and main exit. There is one restaurant before security and a cafe after security.
If you haven’t decided on who to rent your car through, airportcarrental365 is a great place to get a good deal on your rental vehicle.
Should you be unable to obtain a car, there are taxis to take you from the airport to town.
Driving in Punta Gorda
Driving in Punta Gorda is an easy task, but these tips will ensure your travels are a breeze.
- There are areas near the harbor where you can drive, but it’s not ideal.
- Drive on the right hand side of the road
- Seat belts must be worn at all times.
- Always check casual crosswalks for pedestrians.
- Do not store valuables in your car.
- Be careful where park, some in town parking has time restrictions.
- Carry change to feed parking meters.
- Always pre-navigate your route.
- It’s hot here, do not leave children or animals in car.
- Leaving children or animals in a hot car will lead to potential jail time.
- Since it is hot, always carry extra water in the car.
- At four way stops the person who gets there first has the right of way.
- In the event two cars reach a four way stop at the same time, the person on the right has right of way.
Things to do in Punta Gorda
- Peace River Wildlife Center– The best place to view Florida’s amazing wildlife from a safe distance. Here you’ll see the well known Florida alligator, and multiple tropical birds. You’ll also see animals not as widely known in the region, such as black bear and cougars. It is a none profit education center, dedicated to the preservation of the areas dwindling wildlife populations. While there is no set entrance fee, there are suggested donations. If you decide to go here, have respect for the cause and give the appropriate donation. Bring water with you as it is easy to get dehydrated in the heat.
- Military Heritage Museum– No upfront admissions cost, but a donation suggestion is posted upon entry. This museum is run on volunteer efforts from service men and women. Journey back through this country’s conflicts, and see artifacts from all eras. Anyone interested in military history will love speeding half a day exploring here.
- Calusa Queen Exursions– Enjoy a laid back day on the water enjoying all the sites this beautiful area has to offer. The boat takes you to the Boca Bayou, Gasparilla Sound, and Boca Pass.
Places to eat in Punta Gorda
- The Orange House Wine Bar– 320 Sullivan Street, Punta Gorda, FL 33950. This quaint wine bar does not disappoint. With a variety of food options, a gorgeous view, and live jazz music, you are sure to enjoy your time here.
- Tortuga’s Seafood Restaurant– 2705 Tamiami Trail, Towles Plaza, Punta Gorda, FL33950. At first glance glance this may not seem like somewhere you’d want to eat seafood, but it is a local favorite. All the seafood is bought fresh everyday and the quality of the food is unbeatable. The portions are quite large, while the price remains affordable.
- Trabue– 258 W Marion Ave, Punta Gorda, FL 33950. This a gorgeous and classy restaurant, with food being presented in artistic ways. There is outside patio seating that is has beautiful views in the evening. Due to the warm and humid weather it is advised to use bug spray before sitting outside. Patio seating fills up fast, so show up early.