Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Miami Airport car rental!
Looking For Car Rental Miami Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Miami Airport.
Miami is the 42nd largest and most populated city in the US. A huge influx of tourists during the Summer months can almost overwhelm Miami and make the city feel more densely populated than it actually is.
Routinely ranked as America’s ‘cleanest city’, Miami is awash with long, golden beaches, watersport activities and tourist attractions.
It is also a financial center of the United States and boasts more banks in the city center than any other city in the US.
With a huge Latin American influence, the city center is a melting pot of cultural diversity and offers a relaxing, truly vacational atmosphere to the first time visitor. Miami has one of the highest ‘return rate of visitors’ of any city in the US.
Arriving Miami Airport
Miami Airport is the primary airport serving the city of Miami. It is one of the largest and most popular airports in the US, due to its proximity to local attractions and an alternative landing point to Florida Airport.
It is a very modern looking airport, with good facilities with regards to bathrooms, shopping outlets, restaurants and walkways.
However, airport processes can be lengthy, even at quieter times, and there can be frustrating waits at the points of check-in, luggage collection, security checks and car rental queues.
It is advisable to prepare yourself for a long wait upon arrival, which can be understandably frustrating after a long flight.
Taxi cabs from the airport to downtown Miami can be expected to charge around $15-$20 for the journey.
Driving In Miami
Driving in Miami, particularly during the Summer months, can be a frustrating experience.
Despite the wonderful condition of the Miami roads, and the fact that road signage and street layouts are well-designed and comprehensive, the sheer amount of traffic on the city roads can be overwhelming for the first time driver to the US.
There is very little let-up in the traffic volumes, but driving between 12pm – 3pm offers slightly less traffic volume than at other times of the day.
Unfortunately, Miami is a large city and you will need a rental car to see everything that it has to offer.
Public transport will just be too expensive over such large distances, and it is advisable to plan your journeys accordingly, in order to miss the build up of traffic at busier times.
Miami Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Miami
- American Airlines Arena – Catch a show or a sports game at the world-famous American Airlines arena.
- Safari Adventure – With a wonderful mix of national and international animals, Miami’s Safari Adventure provides the perfect family day out.
- Wynwood Walls – An original and fascinating outdoor art exhibition and a glorious natural park. Perfect for couples and older visitors.
Restaurants In Miami – Popular With Visitors
- VERO Italian – 90 SE 1st Street, Miami, FL 33131
- Toro Toro Restaurant And Bar – 100 Chopin Plaza, Lobby at the InterContinental Miami, Miami, FL 33131
- Osteria Vecchio Piemonte – 10480 SW 72 St, Miami, FL 33173