Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Fort Lauderdale car rental!
Looking For Car Rental at Fort Lauderdale ?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Fort Lauderdale Airport.
An increasingly popular tourist city in the US state of Florida, Fort Lauderdale offers an average year round temperature of 75.5 degrees and can boast around 3000 hours of sunshine per year, ensuring that Florida’s reputation as the ‘sunshine state’ definitely applies to the city.
The city enjoys a very strong local economy and unemployment remains low, due to the abundance of restaurants, bars, shopping precincts and tourist attractions located throughout the city. Fort Lauderdale also has a vibrant and well-publicized nightlife scene.
With its long, golden beaches and clear blue waters, Fort Lauderdale is also a truly relaxing vacation, offering something for everybody and only a 20 minute drive from other major Florida cities such as Miami.
Arriving Fort Lauderdale Airport
Located in the district of Fort Lauderdale, based in the US state of Florida, Fort Lauderdale Airport is based approximately 3km from downtown Fort Lauderdale, and around 21km from the center of Miami. Therefore, Taxi cabs from Fort Lauderdale Airport to the heart of the city center can be found for as cheap as $6-$9.
A smaller airport than many of those serving Florida, the airport offers a large selection of facilities, such as shopping outlets, restaurants and even live entertainment throughout the day and does not tend to experience the delays that the larger airports regularly suffer from.
Airport processes are generally dealt with far quicker than many other Florida-serving airports and car rental queues are among the fastest-moving in the state.
Unsurprisingly, Fort Lauderdale is one of the most popular airports in Florida, and many visitors prefer to land at the airport and then travel farther to their destination than landing at a closer, yet busier airport.
Driving In Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale experiences a high volume of tourist traffic on a daily basis, and the roads are generally kept busy throughout the day and into the early hours of the morning.
However, driving is quite slow-paced and relaxed and the local drivers are also well-known for their patience towards tourists and over-careful drivers. Therefore, Fort Lauderdale is not a city where you need to worry too much about driving below the speed limits.
The city does offer an excellent public transport system, but as with most other Florida cities, in reality you will need a rental car to explore all the local attractions that Fort Lauderdale have to offer.
Be sure to have an updated GPS system to easily navigate your route, and you should find driving in Fort Lauderdale a generally enjoyable experience.
Fort Lauderdale Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Fort Lauderdale
- Museum Of Science And Discovery – A large array of interactive attractions ensure that this museum remains hugely popular with tourists to the city.
- Fort Lauderdale Beach – A hugely popular beach with highly picturesque views and beautiful golden sands.
- Tropical Sailing – Experience the thrill of sailing, with professional lessons in the beautifully clear sea.
Good eats in Fort Lauderdale
- Thai Spice – 1514 E. Commercial BLVD., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334-5751
- Steak 954 – 401 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304-4205 (Bayshore Blvd.)
- Llios – 505 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Inside the Hilton Resort, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304