Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Fort Lauderdale Airport car rental!
Looking For Car Rental at Fort Lauderdale Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Fort Lauderdale Airport.
Based in the US state of Florida, Fort Lauderdale is a popular tourist city which does not quite experience the heavy volume of visitors seen by other Florida cities, such as Miami and Orlando.
However, with average daily temperatures of 75.5 degrees and over 3000 hours of sunshine per year, the city is anything but quiet, and has a bustling, excitable atmosphere to its name.
With its countless bars, shopping precincts and restaurants, Fort Lauderdale is also extremely popular with US tourists, and the city’s nightlife scene is as diverse and vibrant as any city found in Florida.
Arriving at Fort Lauderdale Airport
Located in the city of Fort Lauderdale, in the US state of Florida, Fort Lauderdale Airport is based around 3km from Fort Lauderdale City Center, and taxi cabs from the airport to the heart of downtown Fort Lauderdale can be expected to cost you around $6-$9 to make the journey.
The airport is not as large as others servicing Florida, and therefore shopping and dining facilities are not as numerous as you would find at larger airports.
However, these facilities are of a high quality, and the airport even offers live entertainment and music 2-3 times per week.
Because the airport deals with less pedestrian traffic passing through its terminals than other Florida-serving sites, airport processes such as check in, security, baggage collection and rental car options tend to be among the most efficient and quickly moving in the state.
Driving In an around Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale is similar to other tourist-heavy cities in Florida, in terms of heavy traffic levels and congestion in and around the primary local attractions. While the roads are not quite as busy as Orlando or Miami, be prepared for a little congestion around these areas.
Because Fort Lauderdale is a tourist-heavy city, the general pace of driving can be quite slow, and it is only the odd local driver that you will see exceeding the speed limits on a daily basis.
You will also find that local drivers tend to be fairly courteous and friendly towards visitors to the city.
The city’s public transport system is actually very good, but in all honesty, you are likely to need a rental car to navigate the city, as the local attractions are quite spaced out, and you may find yourself many miles from your car if you decide to use public transport to visit them.
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
What To Do
- Museum Of Science And Discovery – With numerous interactive attractions and awe-inspiring exhibitions, this science museum truly has something for everybody to enjoy.
- Fort Lauderdale Beach – A stunning golden beach, which has been one of Florida’s best-loved for many years.
- Tropical Sailing – A real tourist favourite – guided sailing lessons in some of Florida’s clearest waters.
- Thai Spice – 1514 E. Commercial BLVD., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334-5751
- Steak 954 – 401 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304-4205 (Bayshore Blvd.)
- Llios – 505 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Inside the Hilton Resort, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304