Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Miami Airport car rental!
Looking For Car Rental Miami ?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Miami Airport.
Miami is a coastal city located in the US state of Florida. It is the 5th most populous city in the US with a huge volume of tourists passing through the city on a daily basis.
One of America’s most popular tourist destinations, Miami is globally renowned for its coastal beauty, with long, golden beaches and clear, blue water as far as the eye can see.
It has a fantastic watersports program and a vibrant, busy nightlife scene which ensures it remains extremely busy well into the early hours of the morning.
With its tropical climate, Miami tends to stay fairly warm throughout the year and can become almost unbearably hot during the midsummer months.
Boasting a large Spanish population, the city is also a diverse mix of Miami natives, foreign visitors and a large Latin-American connection, ensuring a multicultural diversity amongst the most pronounced in Florida.
Miami Airport is the primary airport servicing the Miami area of Florida. It is located 13km northwest of downtown Miami, and taxi cabs from the airport to the city centre can be expected to cost around $20-$25 for the journey.
The airport is the largest and busiest in the state of Florida, and is ranked the 10th busiest airport in the US.
Therefore, there is a huge volume of traffic passing through the airport on a daily basis, and airport processes, particularly security checks, can be slow and painstaking affairs.
Car rental options seem to move a little faster, but there is no getting away from the fact that you will be waiting around for quite a while before leaving the airport.
The airport offers many restaurants and shopping facilities for those looking to dine before leaving the airport, although these tend to be very expensive and the overall quality tends to be very hit and miss.
Driving In Miami
Apart from at peak-traffic hours, driving in Miami can actually be quite a relaxing experience and the city centre can be surprisingly fast-moving at most points during the day.
However, Miami drivers can tend to be a little reckless, particularly towards foreign visitors, and it is recommended that you take a taxi to explore the city centre and all of its attractions.
Car parking is fairly cheap, with numerous multi-storey car parks with good availability. Most major car parks are secured by CCTV and manned security stations, for additional peace of mind.
Public transport is also readily available and may aid you in navigating the city at a more relaxed pace than driving yourself.
Miami Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Miami
- South Beach – Miami’s most popular coastal resort. With crisp, blue sea and golden sands as far as the eye can see, you owe it to yourself to make this visit.
- Miami Valley Gaming – A huge gaming and entertainment centre aimed at teenagers and young adults – you’ll need more than a day to experience everything it has to offer.
- Miami Zoo – One of Florida’s most popular zoos, with a huge collection of exotic animals, exhibitions and shows.
Restaurants In Miami
- Vero Italian – 90 SE 1st Street, Miami, FL 33131
- Toro Toro Restaurant and Bar – 100 Chopin Plaza, Lobby at the InterContinental Miami, Miami, FL 33131
- Zuma – 270 Biscayne Boulevard Way, (Epic Hotel), Miami, FL 33131