Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Fort Lauderdale Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Fort Lauderdale Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Fort Lauderdale Airport.
Fort Lauderdale is a popular tourist city in the US state of Florida. It has an average year round temperature of 75.5 degrees and can boast around 3000 hours of sunshine per year.
Because of this strong tourist connection, the city enjoys a booming economy and is awash with restaurants, bars, shopping precincts and tourist attractions. The city also has a vibrant and well-publicized nightlife scene.
With long, golden beaches and clear blue waters, Fort Lauderdale is also a relaxing vacation, truly offering something for everybody and only a 20 minute drive from other major Florida cities such as Miami.
Arriving Fort Lauderdale Airport
Fort Lauderdale Airport is located in the district of Fort Lauderdale, based in the US state of Florida. It is approximately 3km from Fort Lauderdale City Center, and around 21km from the center of Miami.
While a smaller airport when compared to other Florida serving operators, particularly Miami, the airport offers a large selection of facilities, such as shopping outlets, restaurants and even live entertainment 2 or 3 times a week.
It also deals with airport processes far quicker than many other Florida-serving airports and car rental queues are among the fastest-moving in the state.
Taxi cabs from Fort Lauderdale Airport to the heart of downtown Fort Lauderdale can be found for as cheap as $6-$9.
Driving In Fort Lauderdale
As you would expect from a busy Florida city, Fort Lauderdale experiences high volumes of tourist traffic and roads are likely to remain busy throughout the day.
That said, the general pace of driving is quite relaxed and the local drivers are well-known for their patience towards tourists and over-careful drivers.
While Fort Lauderdale offers a proficient public transport system, in reality you will need a rental car to explore all that the city and surrounding areas have to offer.
Be sure to have an updated GPS system to easily navigate your route, and you should find driving in Fort Lauderdale a generally enjoyable experience.
Fort Lauderdale Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Fort Lauderdale
- Museum Of Science And Discovery – A huge science themed museum with plenty of interactive attractions – perfect for families.
- Fort Lauderdale Beach – One of Florida’s most popular beaches, golden sands and clear blue water make Fort Lauderdale Beach a must-visit attraction.
- Tropical Sailing – Take professional sailing lessons in some of the most beautifully clear waters in the US.
Restaurants In Fort Lauderdale – Popular With Visitors
- Thai Spice – 1514 E. Commercial BLVD., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334-5751
- Steak 954 – 401 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304-4205 (Bayshore Blvd.)
- Llios – 505 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Inside the Hilton Resort, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304