Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for San Jose Airport Car Rental!
Looking For Car Rental San Jose Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at San Jose Airport.
San Jose is the 3rd largest city in the US state of California. With a reputation as being the technology centre of the state and the US, San Jose is also labelled ‘The Capital Of Silicon Valley’ and is one of the most affluent cities in North America.
With a wealth of local attractions for tourists to visit, along with stunning coastlines and some of the most beautiful beaches on the planet, San Jose also offers impressive multicultural diversity and some of the friendliest local people in America.
The city hosts an incredibly diverse and vibrant nightlife scene, and is awash with modern bars, restaurants and live entertainment. It is also a popular destination for watersports enthusiasts, and the city offers numerous attractions targeted at this market.
Arriving San Jose Airport
Based only 2-3km from the heart of downtown San Jose, San Jose Airport remains busy throughout the year, despite being one of the smaller Californian airports, and sees thousands of tourists pass through its terminals on a daily basis.
Despite this high volume of traffic, the speed and efficiency of airport processes are among the best in California, and you shouldn’t be waiting around for too long during check-in, security, baggage collection and car rental processes. Rental car options in particular are highly praised by regular visitors to the airport.
The airport offers a small selection of shopping outlets, bars and restaurants. and offers free wi-fi access to all of its passengers.
Taxi cabs from the airport to the city centre can be expected to cost you around $5-$10, although you will probably not require a taxi to reach the city centre in all honesty.
Driving In San Jose
San Jose’s roads remain extremely busy throughout the day, and despite the impressive layout and condition of its major road networks, you should prepare yourself for lengthy waits in and around the popular local attractions.
The city also operates many one-way systems throughout San Jose, as with other Californian cities, and you will probably need a reliable and updated GPS system to help you avoid unnecessary delays and slowing down native drivers.
San Jose offers a superb public transport system, and you may wish to utilize the city’s buses to navigate to local attractions. Car parking can be quite expensive, and you may feel the bus service to be the cheaper and most efficient option to navigate the city.
San Jose Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- All children aged 8 or under must travel in a child seat or booster seat with a suitable restraining device.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Mobile phone usage of any kind is strictly prohibited. Police officials operate a ‘no tolerance’ approach to mobile phone use while driving.
- Americans drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
Things To Do In San Jose
- Happy Hollow Park And Zoo – Perfect for those with young children, this zoo and playground will keep them entertained for hours.
- Tech Museum Of Innovation – A fantastic technology and science themed museum with numerous interactive exhibitions for you to enjoy.
- Raging Waters – A brilliant waterpark and amusement arcade guaranteeing thrilling water rides and lots of fun for the whole family.
Restaurants In San Jose
- Falafel Drive In – 2301 Stevens Creek Blvd, San Jose, CA 95128-1651
- Veggie Grill – 3055 Olin Ave. #1030, San Jose, CA
- La Foret Restaurant – 21747 Bertram Rd, San Jose, CA 95120-4329