Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for San Francisco Airport car rental!
Looking For Car Rental San Francisco Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at San Francisco Airport.
One of California’s most famous and well-loved cities, San Francisco is globally recognized as the cultural centre of the state. Visited by millions of US tourists and foreign visitors throughout the year, it is also one of America’s busiest cities.
San Francisco is also one of America’s most visually impressive cities, with the majestic Golden Gate Bridge central to this. Along with its stunning beaches and numerous tourist attractions, the city also boasts an excellent nightlife and a popular local music scene.
One of California’s most culturally diverse cities, this is reflected in the sheer number and diversity of shops, restaurants and bars you can visit during your stay in San Francisco.
Arriving San Francisco Airport
San Francisco Airport is the major international airport serving the US city of San Francisco, based in California. Located only 16km from downtown San Francisco, taxi cabs from the airport to the city centre are likely to charge around $20-$25 for the journey.
Airport processes tend to move very swiftly, despite the huge volume of traffic passing through the terminals, and rental car options are definitely among the best in the US – this is often praised by previous visitors to the airport.
With a large collection of shops, bars and restaurants, the airports facilities are very good, although they do tend to be expensively priced, and you may wish to pursue these options once you hit downtown San Francisco.
Driving In San Francisco
There is no getting away from the fact that San Francisco’s roads are extremely busy and tend to remain this way throughout the day, especially in and around the city centre and visitor attractions.
However, the actual condition and layout of the city’s roads is excellent, with plenty of road signage particularly aimed at aiding tourists.
There is a large one-way system in the city, and to avoid slowing down the local drivers, we suggest you use an updated GPS system to navigate to your destinations.
You can also take advantage of the city’s excellent bus service, which navigates to all the popular local attractions, although car parking in the city to then use the bus can be a little expensive.
San Francisco Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- San Francisco has a high percentage of one-way driving systems. Be sure to have an updated GPS system to make navigating the city that much easier.
- All children aged 8 or under must travel in a child seat or booster seat with a suitable restraining device.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Mobile phone usage of any kind is strictly prohibited. Police officials operate a ‘no tolerance’ approach to mobile phone use while driving.
- Americans drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
Things To Do In San Francisco
- Golden Gate Bridge – A wonder of architectural design and one of the most recognizable structures on Earth.
- Alcatraz – Take a tour through the infamous and eerie prison cells of Alcatraz – the most famous prison on the planet.
- Walt Disney Family Museum – Learn more about the Walt Disney Company than you ever imagined on this superb museum tour.
Restaurants In San Francisco – Recommended
- The Bimini Twist – Arch St, San Francisco, CA 94132
- Kokkari Estiatorio – 200 Jackson St, San Francisco, CA 94111 (Front St.)
- Hollywood Cafe – 530 North Point St, San Francisco, CA 94133-1312