Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for San Diego Airport car rental!
Looking For Car Rental San Diego Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at San Diego Airport.
San Diego is a major city located in the US state of California. The city is within driving distance of Los Angeles and is also adjacent to the Mexican border.
It is the 8th largest city in the US, and is the 3rd most highly visited tourist city in America. With its long beaches, stunning coastal views and mild, year round climate, millions flock to San Diego every year as their holiday destination of choice.
The city offers numerous local tourist attractions and a very distinctive nightlife scene, with a high multicultural diversity bringing an undeniably cosmopolitan and festival atmosphere to the city.
Arriving San Diego Airport
San Diego Airport services the city of San Diego, and is based in the US state of California. Located approximately 5km from downtown San Diego, taxi cabs can be expected to cost you around $8-$12 to undertake this journey.
The airport is extremely fast-moving, and airport processes such as check in, security checks, baggage collection and car rental options all operate very quickly and you can be assured of a fairly short wait in the airport when you first arrive.
San Diego Airport also offers a multitude of airport facilities, such as shopping and dining outlets. These tend to be quite expensive in general, however, and it is recommended that you wait until to reaching San Diego City Centre before pursuing these options.
Driving In San Diego
Driving in San Diego can be extremely busy, due to the multitude of local attractions and tourists.
However, the city offers a very convenient carpool lane for 2 or more occupants and this can save you a lot of time when navigating your journey through the busy city streets.
Despite the traffic levels, roads are well-maintained with a modern and simple to navigate layout. Signage is also abundant, and much of it is aimed toward guiding foreign visitors to the city.
Car parking is also numerous, but can be a little expensive. The public transport system is very good, so you may wish to park up the car on the outskirts of the city and use the bus or tram to visit the attractions.
San Diego Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In San Diego
- San Diego Zoo – One of the most popular zoos in the world, with a huge exhibition of animals and sea life, as well as many interactive shows throughout the day.
- Balboa Park – A fantastic playground for younger children, as well as a beautiful natural park for older visitors.
- Seaworld San Diego – Experience the magic of Seaworld, with a breathtaking exhibition of sea life, shows and entertainment.
Restaurants In San Diego
- Parma Cucina Italiana – 3850 Fifth Ave, San Diego, CA 92103
- Phil’s BBQ – 3750 Sports Arena Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92110
- Snooze – 3940 Fifth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92103