Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Sacramento Airport car rental!
Looking For Car Rental Sacramento Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Sacramento Airport.
Sacramento is the capital city of the US state of California. However, it is only the 6th largest city in the state, and does not suffer the busy tourist reputation of its more-famous counterparts.
Labelled ‘America’s most diverse city’, Sacramento successfully incorporates several ethnic populations, resulting in a vibrant and eclectic mixture of restaurants, bars and shopping outlets, as well as a wonderfully festival-like nightlife scene when the city really begins to come to life.
The city maintains a typically Californian climate, and tends to stay fairly warm throughout the year, while temperatures soar during the summer months.
Arriving Sacramento Airport
Sacramento International Airport is the primary airport serving the American city of Sacramento, based in the US state of California.
Located approximately 5km from downtown Sacramento, taxi cabs from the airport to the city center can cost as little as $7-$12 for this particular journey.
With its modern new terminal, the efficiency of airport processes has increased greatly in the last few years, and check in, customs, baggage collection and car rental procedures should not take you too long to navigate and pass through.
The airport does not offer as many facilities as other Californian operators, but there is a decent selection of shopping and dining outlets, which are reasonably priced and offer good quality service.
Driving In Sacramento
Driving in Sacramento is fairly easy, as it is far quieter in general than other, tourist-heavier Californian cities.
Traffic levels are fairly low throughout the day and only really gather between 8am-9am and 5pm-6pm. You should not have any trouble with traffic providing you avoid the city at these times.
Sacramento offers a modern major road network, and roads are extremely well-maintained. Road signage is also ample and it is one of the more easy to navigate Californian cities in general.
The public transport system is also one of California’s best and you should have no problem at all in parking your car in the city and using the bus to visit the local attractions. Car parking is fairly inexpensive and there’s seems to be plenty of availability at most points during the day.
Sacramento Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Sacramento
- Fairytale Town – Perfect for families with young children, experience the magic of classic fairytales at this popular attraction.
- Funderland – A wildly popular amusement park, fairground and entertainment complex for teenagers and younger children.
- Crocker Art Museum – A stunning collection of contemporary art, this museum provides the perfect cultural afternoon out.
Restaurants In Sacramento
- The Kitchen – 2225 Hurley Way, Sacramento, CA 95825 (Howe Ave.)
- Mikuni Japanese Restaurant And Sushi Bar – 2225 Hurley Way, Sacramento, CA 95825 (Howe Ave.)
- Biba – 1530 J St, Sacramento, CA 95814-2052