Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for rental car San Diego Airport!
Looking For Car Rental San Diego Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at San Diego Airport.
Located on the coast in the US state of California, San Diego is easily within driving distance of Los Angeles and is based extremely close to the Mexican border.
As the 3rd most visited tourist city in the US, it is also the 8th largest city in the country and one of America’s most populous cities.
San Diego offers visitors glorious coastal views, long, golden sandy beaches and one fo the most famous zoos in the world, in San Diego Zoo.
With millions of US tourists and foreign visitors flocking to the city every year, the city has a bustling, atmospheric quality which injects life into San Diego from dawn until dusk.
The city also offers a wealth of local attractions and a vibrant nightlife, with a large emphasis on the city’s popular local music scene. A high level of multicultural diversity brings with it an undeniably cosmopolitan and festival atmosphere to the streets of San Diego.
Arriving San Diego Airport
Located approximately 5km from downtown San Diego, San Diego Airport primarily serves the city of San Diego and surrounding California regions. Taxi cabs from the airport to downtown San Diego can be expected to cost you around $8-$12 to undertake this journey.
One of the most efficient and well-run airports in the country, airport procedures such as check in, security, customs, baggage collection and car rental options tend to move extremely quickly, and the airport staff will do their utmost to ensure that your stay in the airport upon arrival is as short as it can possibly be.
The airport also offers many shopping and dining outlets. These can be quite expensive however, and it is recommended that you wait until reaching San Diego City Centre before pursuing these options further.
Driving In San Diego
Due to the high volume of tourists on the San Diego roads, driving in the city can be extremely busy and slow-moving, particularly in and around the local attractions.
To try to combat this, the city offers a 2+ carpool which works well throughout most of the city, but again, does not offer congestion relief near the local attractions.
You will find that most major road networks are extremely well-maintained and roadworks in the city do not appear to be as obtrusive as elsewhere in the US.
San Diego Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In San Diego
- San Diego Zoo – Simply put, one of the largest and most popular zoos in the world, with thousands of animals and attractions for you to enjoy.
- Balboa Park – A natural park for adults, and an amusement arcade for younger visitors, Balboa Park is a truly enjoyable family day out whatever your age.
- Seaworld San Diego – With rides, exhibitions and jaw-dropping shows, Seaworld is a magical attraction for all the family.
Restaurants In San Diego
- Parma Cucina Italiana – 3850 Fifth Ave, San Diego, CA 92103
- Phil’s BBQ – 3750 Sports Arena Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92110
- Snooze – 3940 Fifth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92103