Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Oakland Airport car rental!
Looking For Car Rental Oakland Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Oakland Airport.
Oakland is a major city in the US state of California. It is currently ranked the 45th largest city in America and is a fairly quiet holiday destination for the majority of the year.
While it is not as tourist-driven as other Californian cities, Oakland still offers a wealth of local attractions targeted at all age groups, and attracts a large volume of families and young couples every year.
The city is home to many major sports teams across different fields and sport is a major theme of the city, with many guided stadium tours and interactive training sessions taking place on a daily basis.
The Oakland nightlife has also slowly become more popular to foreign visitors and a lot of money is being invested into the city to retain this cultural growth and expansion into other areas.
Arriving Oakland Airport
Oakland Airport is based in Oakland, California and is located only 5km south of Downtown Oakland. Taxi cabs from the airport to the city centre can therefore be expected to charge around $8-$12 for the journey.
The airport is one of the quieter operators servicing California and airport processes including check-in, security, baggage collection and car rental move swiftly and efficiently the majority of the time.
In fact, the whole airport is almost machine-like in conducting its business, and the airport routinely ranks as one of the most reliable in the world.
There is a small selection of dining and shopping facilities available, and the airport and its facilities are extremely well-kept and maintained.
Driving In Oakland
Driving in Oakland is far quieter than in many US cities. However, despite the lack of traffic on the roads, the road network seems to run an uncoordinated traffic signal system, which can slow down traffic even when the streets are not busy.
However, road signage is good and the conditions of the major roadways are excellent.
Local drivers also seem to have a higher patience threshold for foreign drivers than many other similar sized US cities, and you will find them helpful and patient if you encounter any problems while driving.
Oakland Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Oakland
- Deep Creek Lake State Park – With boating, biking and hiking available, take a visit to this fascinating natural park.
- Oakland Zoo – A stunning zoo with a huge collection of animals, sea life and birds, as well as daily exhibitions and shows.
- Children’s Fairyland – A fantastic and magical attraction for young children. Absolutely perfect for families.
Restaurants In Oakland
- Wood Tavern – 6317 College Ave, Oakland, CA 94618 (Alcatraz)
- Zachary’s Chicago Pizza – 5801 College Ave, Oakland, CA 94618-1602
- Fentons Creamery And Restaurant – 4226 Piedmont Ave, Oakland, CA 94611-4749