Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for Car Rental San Jose Airport!
Looking For Car Rental San Jose Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at San Jose Airport.
San Jose is located in the US state of California, and is the state’s 3rd largest city. It is also one of America’s most affluent destinations and is often labelled ‘The Capital Of Silicon Valley’ due to its connections with the computing and technological industries of North America.
With glorious coastline views and picturesque golden beaches, the city is also immensely popular with foreign tourists, boasting a hot, sunny climate and a vibrant cultural diversity.
Previous visitors to the city have been known to call the local population some of the friendliest people in the US.
The city also hosts an incredibly diverse nightlife scene, as well as being a popular destination for watersports enthusiasts, to whom many of the city’s local attractions are clearly targeted.
Arriving San Jose Airport
San Jose Airport is located only 2-3km from downtown San Jose and is one of California’s busiest airports, despite also being one of its smallest. Taxi cabs from the airport to the city centre can be found for as little as $5-$10.
Standard airport procedures are among the most efficient and fast-moving in California, and rental car areas in particular are highly praised by regular visitors to the airport as being easily reachable and swift in their efforts to have you leaving the airport in the quickest time possible.
With a small but good selection of shopping outlets, bars and restaurants. the airport also offers free wi-fi access to all of its passengers, and remains one of California’s most popular airports with previous visitors.
Driving In San Jose
The streets of San Jose tend to remain very busy throughout the day, due to the high volume of tourists who visit the city during the summer months. However, road layouts are very good and the street signage is particularly clear and easy to understand for foreign visitors.
As with many other Californian cities, San Jose operates many one way systems throughout the city centre, and you will probably require an updated GPS system to more easily navigate through these areas.
With an incredibly reliable and reasonably priced public transport system, you may wish to use this to navigate to the local attractions, particularly as car parking within the city centre can tend to be quite expensive.
San Jose Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- All children aged 8 or under must travel in a child seat or booster seat with a suitable restraining device.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Mobile phone usage of any kind is strictly prohibited. Police officials operate a ‘no tolerance’ approach to mobile phone use while driving.
- Americans drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
Things To Do In San Jose
- Happy Hollow Park And Zoo – A large zoo and amusement park for those visiting the city with young children, who will love the animals and playground that the attraction has to offer.
- Tech Museum Of Innovation – With many technological interactive exhibitions, this science themed museum is both educational and fun.
- Raging Waters – This thrilling waterpark is one of San Jose’s most popular attractions, particularly during the summer months.
Restaurants In San Jose
- Falafel Drive In – 2301 Stevens Creek Blvd, San Jose, CA 95128-1651
- Veggie Grill – 3055 Olin Ave. #1030, San Jose, CA
- La Foret Restaurant – 21747 Bertram Rd, San Jose, CA 95120-4329