Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental San Diego Airport!
Looking For Car Rental San Diego Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at San Diego Airport.
located in the US state of California, San Diego is one of America’s best-loved and most popular tourist destinations. The city is also popular due to its proximity to other major Californian cities, such as Los Angeles.
The 3rd most highly visited tourist region in the US, San Diego’s long, golden beaches and stunning coastline views are sure to live long in the memory, and many of its yearly visitors relocate to the city on an annual basis.
The city also offers numerous local tourist attractions and a very distinctive and vibrant nightlife scene, with an impressive cultural diversity bringing an undeniably cosmopolitan and festival-like atmosphere to the city throughout the year.
Arriving San Diego Airport
Based in the US state of California, San Diego Airport is located approximately 5km from downtown San Diego, and taxi cabs can be expected to cost you around $8-$12 to undertake this journey.
The airport is possibly the most efficient in California, and certainly one of the fastest-moving in North America. Airport procedures are dealt with swiftly, and there is always a surplus of well-trained, friendly staff to ensure that queueing is kept to a minimum.
There is also quite a wide range of airport facilities, such as shopping and dining outlets. However, these can tend to be quite expensive in general, and it is recommended that you wait until you reach San Diego City Centre before pursuing these options further.
Driving In San Diego
San Diego is an immensely busy city, and unfortunately this also applies to traffic levels and congestion can be quite common in around the city centre and around the tourist attractions.
However, the city offers a very convenient carpool lane for 2 or more occupants and this can save you a lot of time when navigating your journey through the busy San Diego streets.
Although the traffic levels can be frustrating, the actual road networks are well-designed and in excellent condition. Street signage is also abundant and easily communicable to foreign visitors.
San Diego Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In San Diego
- San Diego Zoo – Possibly the most famous zoo in the world with thousands of animals to view, as well as feeding sessions and live entertainment.
- Balboa Park – A fantastic playground and amusement centre aimed at those with young children.
- Seaworld San Diego – A magical attraction for both families and nature enthusiasts with great attractions and awesome shows.
Restaurants In San Diego
- Parma Cucina Italiana – 3850 Fifth Ave, San Diego, CA 92103
- Phil’s BBQ – 3750 Sports Arena Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92110
- Snooze – 3940 Fifth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92103