Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Oakland Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Oakland Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Oakland Airport.
Located in the US state of California, Oakland is approximately the 45th largest city in America and is a quiet and relaxing vacation destination for the majority of the year.
Despite its reputation as a quiet city, Oakland does offer a wealth of local attractions targeted at all age groups, particularly attracting a large volume of families and young couples to the city every year.
Sport is also a major theme of the city, and sports fans will find many guided stadium tours and interactive training sessions taking place in the city on a daily basis.
Arriving Oakland Airport
Based in Oakland in the US state of California, Oakland Airport is located only 5km south of Downtown Oakland and therefore taxi cabs from the airport to the city centre can be found for as low as $8-$12 for the journey.
One of California’s less busy airports, Oakland Airport is run extremely efficiently, and airport processes such as check-in, security, customs, baggage collection and car rental options tend to move swiftly and unobtrusively. Unsurprisingly, Oakland Airport is routinely ranked as one of the most reliable in the world.
The airport facilities are also extremely well-kept and maintained, and a small selection of dining and shopping outlets are available upon your arrival.
Driving In Oakland
Far quieter than many US cities, Oakland does not experience the heavy traffic levels found in other US cities. However, the major road networks run a fairly uncoordinated traffic signal system, which can be incredibly frustrating to local drivers and foreign visitors alike.
Road signage is generally good though, and the conditions of the major roadways are excellent and appear very well-maintained.
Local drivers are generally remarked to be extremely helpful and patient, and you shouldn’t worry too much about driving a little more slowly and careful than usual.
Oakland Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times.
- As with elsewhere in the US, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- American cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
- Children under the age of 12 cannot sit in the front seat of the car. Also, all children under the age of 8 must have a car seat or booster seat in order to travel.
Things To Do In Oakland
- Deep Creek Lake State Park – A beautiful natural park which is absolutely perfect for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Oakland Zoo – A huge zoo with a large selection of animals, as well as daily exhibitions and interactive shows throughout the day.
- Children’s Fairyland – Perfect for those with young children, this magical entertainment complex will keep them entertained for days.
Restaurants In Oakland
- Wood Tavern – 6317 College Ave, Oakland, CA 94618 (Alcatraz)
- Zachary’s Chicago Pizza – 5801 College Ave, Oakland, CA 94618-1602
- Fentons Creamery And Restaurant – 4226 Piedmont Ave, Oakland, CA 94611-4749