Car Hire USA
Quality car rental is provided by the best car rental companies in the United States! Travelers are welcome to check the car rental reviews and to make a car hire comparison before they make a car reservation for their holiday car hire!
Often called USA or only US, the United States of America is a country with vast territory, situated in North America. It is home to more than 318 million people, making it the third most populated country in the world. The country formed after a mass immigration during the 17th century and formed as a melting pot of people and cultures from all parts of the globe.
United States are a very popular travel destination as they feature a vast and very diverse array of tourist destinations. There are so many sites and places to be seen in the country, that the most comfortable way to do so is by making car reservation for a holiday car hire. The travelers can enjoy the skyscraper’s skyline in New York and Chicago, or can visit the sunny white sand beaches in Florida, California and Hawaii; or thy can also visit the natural beauties in Alaska and Yellowstone. The country is made of diverse ethnic groups. It is vast and diverse, with several distinct regions, various landscapes, time zones and climates.
The biggest cities in USA
Unites States comprise of 50 states and several overseas territories. The country has more than 10 000 settlements, including cities, towns and villages. The nation capital and also federal district is Washington D.C. The largest and most notable cities of the United States that can be explored by a holiday car hire offered by the car rental companies include:
- New York City – this is the largest city in the country, base of many industries, financial institutions and media channels. The city is also center of arts and cuisine, architecture and shopping.
- Washington, D.C. – that is the national capital of the United Nations, featuring major museums and numerous monuments. Get the car rental deals from Baltimore Washington Airport.
- Los Angeles – that is the second largest settlement in the country. It is known for the film industry, the artists and musicians, as well as the surfers. The city has mild weather and fantastic natural scenery from mountains to beaches.
- Chicago – that is the third biggest city in the country, located in the heart of the Midwest, serving as transportation hub of the nation. The city is known for its massive skyscrapers skyline. The best way to see the city is by getting an auto hire from O’Hare Airport.
- Boston – that US city is known for its colonial history, for its university students and the passion for sports.
- Las Vegas – that is the gambling city of the US, located in the Nevada desert. It features the 20 biggest hotels in the world, many casinos and exciting nightlife.
- Miami – this is one of the most popular beach destinations in the world with plenty of sunshine and rich Caribbean culture.
- New Orleans – this city is the birthplace of Jazz music.
- San Francisco – the beautiful City by the Bay is known for the Golden Gate Bridge and for its vibrant urban neighborhoods.
- Seattle – that city is rich in monuments and museums. It has many recreational opportunities along with five distinct climates only within 320 km. Make most of the car rental offers from Seattle Airport.
Driving in USA
The traffic in the United States is on the right side of the road with an exception being the US Virgin Islands which have a left-hand driving. The country can be entered by air and by the US-Mexico and US-Canada borders, which are the two most frequently crossed borders on the globe, since millions of travelers are crossing them every day.
Americans love to drive their cars and often say that exploring the country without a vehicle rental is impossible. There are plenty of rental vehicles and car rental deals that the holiday-makers can choose from. The choice of local and international car rental companies operating in the country is impressive as well.
As a rule, the older cities in the United States including New York and San Francisco, Chicago and Boston, Seattle and Washington DC, as well as Philadelphia can be see using the public transport and on foot. While the newer cities in the West and South region are in fact built for cars and then getting one of the cheap car rentals is the wisest thing one can do. That is valid for even such a large cities as Atlanta, Los Angeles and Miami.
Car rental tips for USA (insider tips)
- United States uses the measurement system based on the old British imperial system with the road signs are in miles and miles per hour.
- Most of the cheap car rentals available in the United States have automatic transmission and the cars with a manual are usually an exception and can be found in the sport car rentals.
- In order to make car reservation, the traveler needs to be at least 25 years of age.
- Most of the car rental companies have offices in the major cities of the United States.
Besides the main cities in the United States, the other destinations that are worth reaching with the automobile hire include:
- Grand Canyon – that is the world longest and also most visited canyon
- Niagara Falls – these are huge waterfalls near the border with Canada
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park – this lovely park is located in the southern Appalachians
- Denali National Park – that is a remote national park with the highest peak in North America
- Mount Rushmore – that is a very interesting memorial of the four former presidents being carved into a cliff face
- Yellowstone National Park – that is the first national park in the US and location of the Old Faithful geyser
- Mesa Verde National Park – this is an area with well-preserved Pueblo cliff dwellings
- Yosemite National Park – that is a home of El Capitan and the popular Giant Sequoia trees
- Walt Disney World – that is the most popular vacation resort destination in the world.