Car Rental Liverpool Airport, compare popular companies prices, and find the best deal for your trip.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Liverpool’s urbanization and expansion was due mostly to the fact that it was a busy port, especially during the Atlantic Slave Trade. It was also the port in which the RMS Titanic was registered. However, perhaps the greatest export from Liverpool was the Beatles. Beatles fans come from all over to see all the famous landmarks that has to do with the band. Travelers will be sure to find something that interest everyone, with more museums than any other city outside of London, Liverpool has a lot to offer.
Arriving at Liverpool Airport
The Liverpool John Lennon International Airport is around the thirteenth busiest airport in the United Kingdom. There is only one terminal making navigating quite easy.
For convenience, it is best rent a car. There is a public transportation system, however it can be very confusing, and time consuming. Should you be interested in hiring a vehicle, airportcarrental365 has the best deals on top companies.
If you are unable to get a car there are shuttles that leave from the airport very frequently. Check the timetables for departures before you arrive.
When coming back to the airport for your departing flight it is advised to show up three hours early for international flights, and two hours early for domestic flights. There are multiple gift shops, and dinning areas to pass any extra time.
Driving in Liverpool
Driving in Liverpool is much easier than other large cities, and these tips will make your trip even easier.
- Drive on the left hand side of the road.
- There are multiple one way roads, double check your signs before turning.
- Always pre-navigate your route to save time and frustration.
- The city does get busy during rush hour, either avoid it or have patience.
- Some hotels will not have parking, you will have to use a car park up the street.
- Car parks are usually around two euros an hour.
- Do not store valuables in your car.
- Using expressways will save you time and help ou avoid some traffic.
- Keep up with the flow of traffic.
- Seat Belts must be wore at all times.
- Using a cell while driving is illegal.
Things to do in Liverpool
- Jackie Spencer Beatles Guide– Take a group or private tour and see everything related to the Beatles. Jackie is very enthusiastic about hr city and the Beatles, if you aren’t a Beatles fan you will be by the end of the tour. Sh takes you childhood houses, old hangout spots, The Cavern Club, and she will have you meet people who worked with the Beatles so you can hear there personal stories. Many have said they chose the four tour and loved it, remember to book early as spots do fill up fast.
- Merseyside Maritime Museum– Liverpool’s history is very rich in Maritime culture, walking through the museum offers you a new insight to how far this city has come. There are elevators to all floors, and spacious hallways to allow crowds through with ease. A great place to go for a day of fun.
- Laughterhouse Comedy– Enjoy a night on the town with plenty of laughs and good drinks. The laughterhouse is well known for it’s great stand up comedians, and inexpensive drinks. Booking tickets, and fining your seat is a breeze, this is something you don’t want to skip on your visit.
Places to Eat in Liverpool
- Paul’s Place–550 Aigburth Road, Liverpool L19 3QG, England. A hidden gem, according to locals, Paul’s Place offers great food and reasonable price. The food is always nicely presented, and the service is exceptional. While in Liverpool you have to stop in here for a meal.
- The Fat Budgie– 60 Dale Street | Opposite Ibis Styles Hotel, Liverpool L2 5ST, England. A wonderful family owned Bistro will have you going back multiple times before you head home. The food is excellent, along with the gracious service. The food is presented nicely and in unique ways. Mostly serving British cuisine, you can have all the traditional meals associated with the area. Here the portions are quite large and yet the price is still affordable. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner, everything on the menu is delicious and you can’t go wrong.
- Leaf– 65-67 Bold Street Liverpool L1 4EZ, Liverpool, England. If you love great food, in large portions, and are traveling on a tight budget, this is your restaurant. Everything is exquisite, and very affordable.