Car Rental Exeter Airport: look at the car rental deals to find an affordable car hire for your trip! Enjoy reading the car rental tips and the car rental reviews! Ask for discounts! Have a great trip in Devon area!
Are You in Need of Car Rental Exeter Airport?
Automobile rental is available at AirportCarRental365.com website! Get the best price possible thanks to out discounts! Read the car rental reviews and choose Exeter Airport vehicle hire for a comfortable trip to Devon!
Exeter is a beautiful historic city of middle size, which is famous for its impressive collection of art, good education and rich history. It is a county town of Devon in and administrative center of the southwestern peninsula. The nice English town is home to Devon County Council. It is placed on Exe River, being set 60 km from Plymouth in northeastern direction and 110 km from Bristol in southwestern direction.
The town of Exeter is the most southwestern settlement in Britain with a Roman fortress. Once a military base, the town later became an administrative hub for the Dunmommi tribe and turned into a major seaport until the steam age. The city has been damaged during the Second World War and then part of it was reconstructed. Today, it features a marvelous Exeter Cathedral that was founded in the early 12th century.
Arriving at Exeter Airport
Exeter International Airport operates numerous domestic flights from various destinations in UK. It also serves international flights with many services from France due to an agreement with Air France. Some of the international cities Exeter Airport has flight connections with include Alicante, Amsterdam and Avignon, Dublin, Dubrovnik, Dusseldorf, Geneva, Hanover, Paris, Salzburg, etc. Scheduled service to Torono in Canada is offered as well. In addition are available charter flights to numerous holiday destinations.
Exeter Airport features a very comfortable airport terminal with all kinds of activities, including an airport car rental. The transport from the airport can be done with the public bus, with airport shuttle and airport rental services. Onsite are available several offices of car rental companies. Vehicle rental can also be booked in advance through the website airportcarrental365.
Driving in Exeter
The central area of Exeter city is quite small and that is why it is easy to be explored on foot. Even so, those travelers that wish to see more of the area in and around the city should better book one of the rental vehicles. This is what the drivers in Exeter city should know:
- The minimum driving age is 17.
- Driving is on the left-hand side of the road.
- Drivers should always stop at the red traffic light.
- All traffic signals and road signs must be obeyed.
- The use of a car horn is not permitted in built-up areas from 23:30 to 07:00 hours.
- It’s illegal to use a mobile phone when driving.
- Seat belts must be worn by the driver and front seat passenger. If rear seat belts are fitted, they must also be worn.
- The allowed maximum speed is 48 km/h in the built-up areas, 96 km/h in the single carriageway, 112 km/h in the dual carriageway and in the motorways.
Things to Do & See in Exeter
There are many historical and cultural sites in and around the city of Exeter. Among the must-see places include:
- Exeter Cathedral – the top attraction of the city and a very beautiful gothic building. The cathedral lays claim to having the longest unbroken stone roof beam of any building in the world. The Cathedral Green opposite can be a good place to chill out on in the summer, ideal for an inexpensive picnic.
- The Medieval churches in the city centre: St Martin’s, St Petrock’s, St Mary Arches, St Stephen’s, St Mary Steps, St Olave’s.
- Parliament Street, claiming to be the world’s narrowest street.
- St Nicholas Priory – 900-year-old guest wing of a former Benedictine Priory.
- Royal Albert memorial museum (closed on Mondays)
- University of Exeter parkland campuses and sculpture walk.
- Crealy Great Adventure Park – adventure park outside Exeter, easily accessible with nice collection of indoor and outdoor slides and rides.
- The Exeter Synagogue – completed in 1763, now being the third oldest Synagogue in Britain.