Search and compare Rental Car Prices on Airports around the world. We give you the best deals up to 40 % discount for car rental Dubai Airport!
Looking For Car Rental Dubai Airport?
Hiring a car at AirportCarRental365.com is easy and convenient. Just tell us when you would like to pick-up and drop off the car at Dubai Airport.
Dubai is the most highly populated city in the United Arab Emirates and the 2nd largest city in the country, behind Abu Dhabi.
Recognized as a global financial centre, and economically strong, Dubai has become increasingly popular with tourists in recent years, and many foreign visitors have relocated to Dubai in search of employment due to its rigid economic structure.
While Dubai is still expanding on its tourist attractions, there is a wealth to see and do and its beaches are among the most popular in the Middle East.
Dubai is widely recognized as an extremely expensive city and this must be considered when taking into account parking charges, spending money and accommodation.
Arriving Dubai Airport
In terms of passenger traffic, Dubai Airport is the busiest in the world, and there is no getting around the fact that this is very noticeable upon departing your flight.
Despite the efficiency and swift processes you would expect from a large, modern international airport, the sheer amount of traffic will ensure you have quite a lengthy wait passing through customs and collecting your luggage.
However, this does not sem to apply to the car rental processes, which are dealt with extremely quickly and tend to move fairly rapidly.
Airport facilities are plentiful, but again, shopping outlets and restaurants located in the airport tend to be extremely busy, and you may wish to leave the airport and locate your accommodation before dining.
Taxi cabs from the airport to the heart of Dubai can be expected to cost you around $30 -$37.
Driving In Dubai
Driving in Dubai is certainly different to what you would expect if visiting from the UK, US or Canada, etc.
While the roads are in a very good condition and street layouts are designed to provide a fairly simple navigation system, Dubai’s drivers tend to operate their cars in quite a haphazard fashion, while often flagrantly breaking and ignoring the rules of the road.
You will need to pay attention and be careful while you are driving in Dubai, and you will need a certain level of patience as the native Dubai drivers have little time for inexperienced drivers, and they will let you know if you are slowing them down or being unnecessarily careful.
It is important to ignore what other drivers are doing, as there is a slightly corrupt edge to the city’s police officials and records show that they are far more likely to pull over tourist drivers than natives.
Stick to the rules of the road, ignore what the other drivers are doing and you should be just fine.
Dubai Driving Tips
- Drivers are responsible for all passengers wearing seatbelts. If pulled over, it is the driver who will be charged for failing to ensure that seatbelts are worn at all times. Although please note that this rule is not always applied by native Dubai drivers.
- Dubai has a high percentage of one-way driving systems. Be sure to have an updated GPS system to make navigating the city that much easier.
- As with elsewhere in the UAE, drink driving is strictly prohibited. You will be pulled over and charged if you attempt to drink while you are driving.
- Dubai cars drive on the right side of the road. Only use the left lane while performing overtaking maneuvers.
Things To Do In Dubai
- Aquaventure Waterpark – One of the largest waterparks in the United Arab Emirates, Aquaventure offers unlimited family fun.
- Desert Safari Dubai – For those keen to see more of the natural world, Desert Safari Dubai takes you straight into the heart of a desert landscape.
- Dubai Mall – For the shopaholics, visit the largest mall in Dubai, with numerous shopping outlets and restaurants to cater for every need.
Restaurants In Dubai – Popular With Visitors
- Zengo – Al Sufouh Road | Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, Dubai 24970, United Arab Emirates
- Scots American Grill – Marriott Hotel Al Jaddaf, Dubai | Oud Metha Road, Al Jaddaf Area, Dubai 122273, United Arab Emirates
- Alexandra Floating Restaurant – Dubai Marina Yacht Club, Dubai, United Arab Emirates